Adding Akai APC-40 to my Traktor setup
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Convert

Default Adding Akai APC-40 to my Traktor setup

Hi guys, I want to add an Akai APC-40 to my actual Traktor setup (mixing with Pioneer DJM-T1 mixer/controller).

I am doing main things with the DJM but I want to use the APC to add some stuff that are not in the DJM-T1 field. Like enter loop or set multiples cue points or extend effects control, etc.

I have read this : http://www.djtechtools.com/2010/02/2...rs-in-traktor/

but not sure what to do to not have conflict between the 2 controllers. And, I don't really have a .tsi file for the APC. I will decide on the spot what to assign.

thanks for the help!

Moderator of Silly Walks Citizen_Insane's Avatar

Welcome to the forums!

If you're worried about conflict between the controllers, the first thing to do is make sure that they're using different MIDI channels so you don't have any conflict there. Mapping the APC in Traktor shouldn't be too much of a problem, but planning out the mapping before going about actually mapping it definitely makes things a lot easier.
    Traktor Pro, VCM 600, Custom Midi Fighter, Presonus Firebox, Ultrasone DJ1 Pro
    http://soundcloud.com/citizen_insane/
    Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    All these subgenre's are like the grandchildren of disco with dubstep and D&B being the bad kids that smoke cigarettes and are in and out of jail.

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Also the multiple mapping devices. You can add as many devices you want and port it to correct controllers. Wouldn't have to worry about conflict with channels as long as each midi controller has it's own set of 8 modifiers.

Tech Convert

Thanks guys but I am still confuse. Actually my setup include the Pioneer DJM-T1 setup.

like this :

Capture d’écran 2014-05-24 à 22.20.40.jpg

I know I have to enter the new configuration in CONTROLLER MANAGER > DEVICE > ADD > IMPORT.

But actually I just want to be able to use a LEARN feature while both my main PIONEER mixer/controller and my APC 40 are connected to build a new tsi file. for the APC 40. What would be a step-by-step to do that?

In a nutshell, I just want to be able to add more control to my traktor setup using my APC that is doing nothing actually except collecting dust.

thanks

Tech Convert

bump.

They told you how to do it.

Connect your APC and make sure it being seen in Traktor.

Then use Learn function as you wish.

I am pretty sure you need to add it in Device Manager, however. Then save the lot as a TSI.

Simple.
    APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin

I can see the APC40 being a LOT of fun with Traktor. Momentary FX, set size looping, beat jumps, etc...

Definitely worth learning how to map properly.
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Yeah, its how I roll when I use Traktor and Controller.

However, I use the APC80. So in essence, its like what the OP is wanting to do really.
    2 Devices....1 TSI.

I would not advise mapping a device WHILE you are playing.
    APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin

2 Devices....1 TSI
    I've done this too. It's great - it means that a modifier can "modify" controls on both controllers!
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

1) Install your pioneer .tsi file by using the big import button - this will overwrite all existing mappings and import the one you're using with your T1. Set MIDI in-port Out-port to display DJM-T1 here so this device/mapping would only communicate to your mixer!
    2) Check Device Menu section of the controller manager and click on Add... > New Generic Midi - This step will create a new place for start adding commands on your APC. Don't forget to set In/Out ports of this second device to display your APC so those both mappings couldn't conflict in MIDI.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast