Has anyone Arcade modded a Stealth?

Default Has anyone Arcade modded a Stealth?

I'm in the market for a new midi controller. Vestax VCI-100 is out of my price range. The Numark Stealth is looking pretty good but I was wondering if anyone has done an arcade mod on this bad boy? I tried doing a search and came up empty.

Quote Originally Posted by cabdoctor View Post
    I'm in the market for a new midi controller. Vestax VCI-100 is out of my price range. The Numark Stealth is looking pretty good but I was wondering if anyone has done an arcade mod on this bad boy? I tried doing a search and came up empty.
    Looks a bit small and cramped for arcade buttons. There are screws right where you'd need to put the holes.

Unless you could find tiny arcade buttons :P
    The Prime Directive - Electro, Disco & House
    My SoundCloud account: www.soundcloud.com/the-prime-directive
    My Design & Animation Website: www.mintyfreshdesigns.co.uk

Yeah I don't know, it looks like it might have enough room. The VCI-100 looks equally cramped when you compare the two.

Tech Mentor

Best, and most probably the only way you'll find out is to measure up the stealth!

DJTT Super Moderator midifidler's Avatar

As long as the stealth is 35 mm + in height it should be possible.

If you want a cheap begginer controller I would recommend the I-mix reload.

Tech Wizard

i bought a numark omni 7 months ago and some buttons aren't working all the time now. its not too bad yet but im kind regretting not saving a few more months for a vci-100 and a souncard. it did force me to learn how to midi map since the factory mapping is terrible for the omni/stealth.

does anybody created a mapping like the djtechtools vci-100 2.5 for the omni control ?
    i used that once on a vci and i loved it

I have a stealth, i can definitely recommend it. Although the tiny jog wheels are a problem if you actually want to use them for anything... As for the arcade button mod, ive never done any mods to anything but looking at it, it does look like it may be too cramped. Only way to be sure is to measure it up. If u want any measurements concerning the button sizes / space either side etc i would be happy to measure it up for you