Traktor collection/playlists Vs iTunes Node

Default Traktor collection/playlists Vs iTunes Node

Hi there

I’ve only been DJing for about 6 months, and via Traktor s2 with Traktor Pro 2 software.

What I cannot work out is as follows:

What are the benefits of Djing via traktor collection/playlists versus the iTunes node in traktor?

I am constantly editing my playlists via itunes, so it’s a real pain to keep them updated in the same way in traktor’s playlists….

I have analysed a lot of my tunes and playlists in traktor, but I find myself reverting to the itunes node, as i know where everything is and it’s much less work.

However, is this going to adversely effect me in terms of beat gridding, BPM info and the key?

When I play a track via the itunes node, it seems to me that traktor software analyses it anyway? Or does it only provide very basic analysis?

As it happens, I dont play house - I'm mainly a hiphop/Rnb DJ, and im only doing small gigs, bars and friends parties. – so I don’t really bother with beat matching or mixing in key at this stage in my development. So is it ok for me to keep djing via the itunes node?

Thanks for your help….

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by djjayq View Post
    As it happens, I dont play house - I'm mainly a hiphop/Rnb DJ, and im only doing small gigs, bars and friends parties. – so I don’t really bother with beat matching or mixing in key at this stage in my development. So is it ok for me to keep djing via the itunes node?
    You already answered yourself, use what fits you man.

I ONLY DJ via the iTunes node.

The trick is, to import the tunes to your Traktor Collection FIRST - then import to iTunes.

That way, your Grids/loops/BPM, etc, are stored in Traktor, but your iTunes playlists will continue to be dynamically updated as you add new tracks/create new Smart Playlists.
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj