can't re-arrange tracks in playlist - traktor
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default can't re-arrange tracks in playlist - traktor

Hi,

I can't re arrange tracks in a playlist, i can in all my other playlists, but this one just isn't letting me.
    I've tried re-sorting the columns by import date etc, still won't let me, restarted my laptop, still the same.

very weird.

any ideas anyone?

thanks

It's because you have sorted the playlist in some way or another. I also have had this problem from time to time, and it's bloody annoying!! The only way I have got around it is to create a new playlist, then drag and drop all the songs from the original playlist into the new one, then delete the original one. Bit of a pain in the ass though....

Unless anyone else knows how to 'unsort' a playlist??
    Mobile DJ. 2 x Denon SC2900, Denon MC-6000 MK2, Wharfedale Titan 15a Powered Speakers, Titan A15 Subs, HP laptop. Shed load of lights!! Maschine Mikro MK2, Xone:K2.

2nd Generation Mobile DJ
    2G on Twitter | 2G on Facebook
    | RobDQuick On Soundcloud

Hmmmm.... I'm sure that's how I've solved it before. I'll try it out later and get back to you....
    Mobile DJ. 2 x Denon SC2900, Denon MC-6000 MK2, Wharfedale Titan 15a Powered Speakers, Titan A15 Subs, HP laptop. Shed load of lights!! Maschine Mikro MK2, Xone:K2.

2nd Generation Mobile DJ
    2G on Twitter | 2G on Facebook
    | RobDQuick On Soundcloud

IIRC, sorting the playlist by number should allow you to re-arrange. If not, if you right click on the playlist, and select "consolidate playlist" it will re-arrange the playlist by whichever category you sorted by, and then allow you to rearrange.

In further detail;

After creating playlists you can sort them by the columns that you want (ie. BPM, genre, rating), and have Traktor open up with them in that same order. To do this after sorting right-click on the playlist and choose consolidate.

To sort by multiple columns you must work backwards. If you want a sorting of xyz then you must first sort by z then y then x, consolidating after every sort.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by stevohill View Post
    IIRC, sorting the playlist by number should allow you to re-arrange. If not, if you right click on the playlist, and select "consolidate playlist" it will re-arrange the playlist by whichever category you sorted by, and then allow you to rearrange.

In further detail;

After creating playlists you can sort them by the columns that you want (ie. BPM, genre, rating), and have Traktor open up with them in that same order. To do this after sorting right-click on the playlist and choose consolidate.

To sort by multiple columns you must work backwards. If you want a sorting of xyz then you must first sort by z then y then x, consolidating after every sort.
    +1
    Denon X1600, NI X1 Mk1 & Mk2, MF Twister
    Kontrol S2, Maschine Mk1, APC 40
    Retired: VCI-100 Arcade (Signed #198/300))
    BFM 10x DR200 & 10x Titan 39

i tried consolidating, didn't work. in the end i made a new folder and copied the tracks over again, worked this time.

100% solution here mate so take care to read.

Your playlist is stored according the one of the colums you have showing
    Title | Artist | Number | Length | BPM
    or something else you have listed as a column. This basically locks the playlist to this particular column... see where im going?

The fix is simple...
    pick a column you dont need to use and DELETE that colum (set it not to be viewed)
    1)rightclick the COLUMN HEADER.
    2) Notice the clolumns with a check next to them in the list that opened (this means they are visable)
    3) Click on anyone that you want to REMOVE

now you can move your tracks freely into any order you want

double click on the # column. you're welcome
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Tech Mentor

Just sort the tracks by number, rearrange and consolidate.

Or in short like Jester mentioned.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester View Post
    double click on the # column. you're welcome

And RTFM
    (5.5 Working with the Track Collection and Playlists ............. page 56)
    Last edited by c0nsul; 05-28-2014 at 10:32 AM.

MacBookPro 11,1 | i5 2,4GHz | 16 GB RAM | 256 GB SSD
    MacOSX 10.15.x | TraktorPro 3.x | VCI-100 SE FW 1.4 | VCI-400 SE (EGE)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast