Would love some help!

Default Would love some help!

Hey everyone tomorrow I am ordering my first controller and for the past couple months I have been really torn between the ddj-sx and Traktor S4 MK2. I finally decided on the S4 because I really like the look of traktor , but now I'm hearing that traktor has a lot of problems with crashing. I was just wondering what everyone's input is on what controller/software I should get
    Thanks !

Traktor's never crashed for me.

The S4 MK2 has had a number of issues however, you can search here to find more on those issues and whether they've been resolved.
    2 x Technics 1210 MKII, Pioneer-DJM 900 Nexus, Traktor Scratch Pro, NI F1,
    Ableton Live 9.6 Suite, Ableton Push, Studio One 3, Moog Sub37, Roland Alpha Juno 2, Korg MS-20 Mini, Yamaha TG-77, TR-8, Rhodes MKI Stage, Wurlitzer 200a, couple pedals, couple amps, lots of software and a freakin iPad

Tech Wizard

I have used Traktor for a few years and it has crashed on me only a couple of times. Most of those were on my old (pretty crappy) laptop and buggy soundcard drivers (I had ASIO4ALL general-purpose driver, which isn't really the stablest, especially when using multiple soundcards at once). Most of the crashes have also happened when closing the program.

Bottomline: Traktor is very stable. GUI may freeze from time to time for short periods of time, but music rarely stops.

All my experience has been on Windows Vista and 7. Macs should be at least on the same level, probably even more stable.
    CMD MM-1 - CMD PL-1 - Traktor Kontrol X1 Mk2 - Traktor Kontrol F1 - NI Komplete Audio 6/Traktor Audio 2 Mk2
    My setup history
    Mixcloud page

Tech Wizard

Have a look on the forum there are reports of problems with the S4 and OSX Mavericks (but Traktor is stable). I run Traktor on Win 8.1 on a 5 year old machine and it is pretty rock sold with my Numark 4 Trak and 2 Pioneer CDJ 2000 Nexus. I have also tried it with CDJ 850s and it had no issues at all.

Tech Wizard

I am currently using the S4 MK2. Yah it does glitch/bug sometimes when your running too many things on your computer. In order for it to work best condition, you have to make sure nothing else is running. What I am trying to say is don't stress your computer because it lags when I try to watch a video while having Traktor on...