Survey about live broadcasting. 100$ Amazon Gift Card
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Convert

Default Survey about live broadcasting. 100$ Amazon Gift Card

Hey guys,

I'm the founder of a live broadcasting Start Up and we are launching a product for DJs ( I'm a reggae DJ ).

I'm running a survey about DJs habits when it comes to web services and towards live broadcasting. We are giving a 100$ Amazon Gift Card for it.

It only takes a few minutes and will help us improve.

Here is the link : https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/DYBTNGV

PS : While I'm not sure if this will be considered as spam, this is not intended to be spam.

UPDATE :

Thank you everyone who has participated to this survey, we will announce the winners by email very soon. For those who didnt answer yet you still have a couple of weeks to go !

A special thanks to all who enrolled for the BETA program, we will be opening the first batch of BETA accounts in the next months.

unltd.fm is a live broadcasting platform specially tailored by DJs for DJs with the best quality and experience you would expect from such a platform.

With unltd.fm you can broadcast live from your web browser with native HTML5 and webRTC meaning that everything is encoded with the best audio codec at the moment OPUS at 48000Khz. You wont need to install crappy adobe software or to setup an icecast server anymore.

You can play music right from the browser ( but I guess nobody from DJTT will be much interested in that feature since we all have our hardware ) or use your regular setup and plug it on your audio interface.

We're also working on an automatic track detection feature so your listeners know what you're playing ( I heard some people dont like shazam so we will make it so you can disable it if you dont like it )

For those who missed it : join the BETA here.

I'll keep you guys updated !
    Last edited by Modah Hype; 09-08-2014 at 04:33 AM. Reason: update

Tech Wizard

Completed

Done

Tech Guru

Done.
    Bedroom DJ | Pioneer DJM-800 | Pioneer CDJ2000 and CDJ900-NXS | 2 x Mackie MR8MKII | Sennheiser Amperior

Tech Guru

Done
    13" Macbook Air i7, 8GB RAM, 512GB SSD | Traktor 2.7.1 | Ableton Live 9 | DJM-900 Nexus | NI Audio 10 | A&H Xone:K2 | Oyaide USB & RCA | HDJ-2000 | Odyssey BRLDIGITAL Bag

Tech Convert

Thank you everyone who has participated to this survey, we will announce the winners by email very soon. For those who didnt answer yet you still have a couple of weeks to go !

A special thanks to all who enrolled for the BETA program, we will be opening the first batch of BETA accounts in the next months.

unltd.fm is a live broadcasting platform specially tailored by DJs for DJs with the best quality and experience you would expect from such a platform.

With unltd.fm you can broadcast live from your web browser with native HTML5 and webRTC meaning that everything is encoded with the best audio codec at the moment OPUS at 48000Khz. You wont need to install crappy adobe software or to setup an icecast server anymore.

You can play music right from the browser ( but I guess nobody from DJTT will be much interested in that feature since we all have our hardware ) or use your regular setup and plug it on your audio interface.

We're also working on an automatic track detection feature so your listeners know what you're playing ( I heard some people dont like shazam so we will make it so you can disable it if you dont like it )

For those who missed it : join the BETA here.

I'll keep you guys updated !

Done, look forward to seeing this develop.
    DJ, Producer, Radio Presenter & Tutor
    Win8 64bit / TP2.6.8 / Ableton / Maschine
    S4 / X1 / F1 / Z1 / Maschine Mikro / Midi Fighter Twister / Akai Mini Mk2 / Boss FS-5U
    Twitter: @joegrime
    www.soundcloud.com/joegrime // www.mixcloud.com/joegrime

Tech Guru

Which codec are you using for webRTC?

EDIT: Opus is not supported so I am curious what you are using in its place?

http://www.webrtc.org/faq#TOC-What-c...ted-in-WebRTC-
    Last edited by GeekGod; 09-08-2014 at 09:39 AM.

Tech Convert

Thanks for your feedback.

OPUS has been supported by webRTC since a few years now, OPUS can run in stereo, 48Khz and up to 510Kbps.
    http://www.opus-codec.org/

The link you provided is a little bit outdated, here is an snippet from another page from the same website :

Opus: Supports constant and variable bitrate encoding from 6 kbit/s to 510 kbit/s, frame sizes from 2.5 ms to 60 ms, and various sampling rates from 8 kHz (with 4 kHz bandwidth) to 48 kHz (with 20 kHz bandwidth, where the entire hearing range of the human auditory system can be reproduced). Defined by IETF RFC 6176.

http://www.webrtc.org/reference/arch...iSAC-iLBC-Opus
    Quote Originally Posted by GeekGod View Post
    Which codec are you using for webRTC?

EDIT: Opus is not supported so I am curious what you are using in its place?

http://www.webrtc.org/faq#TOC-What-c...ted-in-WebRTC-

Tech Guru

I'm really looking forward to this now that Mixlr is starting to charge subscription accounts.
    Bedroom DJ | Pioneer DJM-800 | Pioneer CDJ2000 and CDJ900-NXS | 2 x Mackie MR8MKII | Sennheiser Amperior

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast