Non DJ related audio routing question
    Tech Wizard

Default Non DJ related audio routing question

So at work we're trying to set up a meeting room to send audio through GoToMeeting while having a presentation in house also. My boss is talking about bring in some A/V company that wants to charge several thousand dollars to do this. I was thinking a USB sound card with 1/4" input like an A2 would work. We're already using a Shure Slx4 for the wireless mics.

Routing would be the SLX4 1/4" out to the sound card and just use the sound card as the recording device for the computer.

Does this sound right or am I just being dumb? I was going to bring in my A10 to try it out, but forgot it at home today.

Tech Wizard

Just for clarification, instead of doing audio over the phone and showing presentations online, you'd like to have both the audio and presentations shown online?

Tech Wizard

No. No phone involved. We'll be sending the presenter's audio over the internet through GoToMeeting along with over the in house speakers. So I'm trying to split the audio from the slx4 to both the amp and to the computer's mic input. The slx4's xlr and 1/4" out have the same output simultaneously. I tried running both balanced and unbalanced 1/4" to 1/8" cords from mic receiver to both line in and mic in on comp, but got some bad buzzing so I thought something simple like an A2 could be used to send it.

Tech Wizard

Now that I think about it the A2 doesn't have a mic input so that wouldn't work.

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

How many mics ?

Could you just use a small mixing desk to mix the mics / sources prior to routing to the internet and then run it into the sound card and other sources via line-in
    Last edited by deevey; 05-30-2014 at 08:41 AM.

How many MC's?!?

r-640057-1142017471.jpeg
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Tech Wizard

Yo. All I need is one mic, one beat, one stage.
    It's only 1 presenter at a time with a cordless mic. All I'm looking for is a way to get 1/4" to 1/8" without buzzing and spending thousands of dollars.

how about a 1/4 to 1/8 adapter? basically you have 1 signal that needs to go to your computer. i don't understand the need for a mixer or an additional soundcard if this is just a 1 time thing, unless your company will be offering this kind of service for future events then having a mixer with multiple channels going to a sound card would be reasonable.
    MBP 13"| TSP 2.6 | MPD 26 | MF Spectra | 2x Stanton ST150 | NI Kontrol z2

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

A small USB mixing desk e.g behringer xenyx 302USB is only $50 (far cry from the 1000's they were going to spend).

Plug your iPod or whatever into the other channel and your done - this would be the cleanest option as you can send the master via RCA to the in-house system without any audio delay that might be caused by routing to the computer and back out.
    Last edited by deevey; 05-30-2014 at 08:12 PM.

Tech Wizard

I tried a patch cable, both balanced and not. Get bad buzzing from the speakers. I'll draw a diagram of what I'm trying to do to better explain it.