[Techno] Need some pointers for the general mix.
    Tech Mentor

Default Need some pointers for the general mix.

https://soundcloud.com/bartpoort93/s...g-padz/s-Dfjls

So I've been practicing my mixing skills lately and learning a lot but I noticed that feedback really comes in handy for improving technique. So, can anyone give me some pointers on this overall mix? What could I do to improve it?

Thanks in advance!

Start off by providing the soundcloud widget to play directly from the post, as well as a tracklist.

Many here won't even give a listen without seeing a tracklist.
    2 x Technics 1210 MKII, Pioneer-DJM 900 Nexus, Traktor Scratch Pro, NI F1,
    Ableton Live 9.6 Suite, Ableton Push, Studio One 3, Moog Sub37, Roland Alpha Juno 2, Korg MS-20 Mini, Yamaha TG-77, TR-8, Rhodes MKI Stage, Wurlitzer 200a, couple pedals, couple amps, lots of software and a freakin iPad

Tech Mentor

It's a track and im not posting works in progress publicly, SC doesnt allow widgets for that sadly : /

Love the synth.

Sounds to me like the kick and sometimes the snare get lost about 1/3 of the way into the song. (the kick especially) They still kick through the mix, they're just too quiet for my liking.
    Last edited by ImNotDedYet; 05-28-2014 at 10:38 AM.
    2 x Technics 1210 MKII, Pioneer-DJM 900 Nexus, Traktor Scratch Pro, NI F1,
    Ableton Live 9.6 Suite, Ableton Push, Studio One 3, Moog Sub37, Roland Alpha Juno 2, Korg MS-20 Mini, Yamaha TG-77, TR-8, Rhodes MKI Stage, Wurlitzer 200a, couple pedals, couple amps, lots of software and a freakin iPad

Tech Mentor

Ahh, I'll see what I can tweak, that's probably more taste then anything though, but thanks for feedback!