Looking for 2-4 channel Dj mixer w\ good effects
    Tech Student

Default Looking for 2-4 channel Dj mixer w\ good effects

I play early Jamaican music on vinyl (ska, rocksteady, reggae, roots, dub) and have been looking for various guitar pedals to use to produce echo, delay, phaser, reverb, etc. and after spending a lot of time I've come to the conclusion that for now it would be best to just buy a mixer with built-in effects to use for a few years until I build a larger setup with rackmount effects, etc.

I've had issues with the volume dropping when enabling the pedals as well as the overall cost of producing all those effects with different pedals and the lack of ability to put an echo on the mic on my Xone 22. SO built-in seems like the best bet for the moment.

I've been using a Allen & heath Xone 22 for about 2 years and am now looking for a 2-4 channel mixer with good built-in echo, phaser, delay, etc. I'd like to keep the mixer in the under 400 range and have echo, phaser, and for the echo to be usable on the mic.

Any recommendations? The Behringer NOS line looks kind of interesting. I am well aware of the lower build quality of Behringer products but I only DJ a couple times and month and so this particular mixer doesnt have to be of the highest quality.

Thanks for any ideas!

Quote Originally Posted by bsteady
    I play early Jamaican music on vinyl (ska, rocksteady, reggae, roots, dub)

WELCOME TO DJTT!!!!

I'd go Behringer if I were you.

Nox 606, or, DDM 4000. I've had a DDM 4000 and loved it. You'll love the effects. 2 SEPARATE FX units - and you'll be able to effect the Mic and line inputs at the same time.

Also - eq isolators on the FX. Wanna add a dub wash-out to JUST the bass in a track? No problem!

Yeah - you'll have fun with the DDM FX playing Dub!
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Tech Student

Thanks Patch for the reply, much appreciated! I'm excited about the possibilites with these effects units because I have a load of 10 inch Dub records with very sparse mixing that are just begging to be "enhanced"!

Going to go check out the 606 tonight!

Moderators - Apologies for not posting this in the general discussion thread. I didnt read the FAQ until after I posted. Bad forum etiquette

Tech Student

Thanks Patch for the reply! Very much appreciated!

I've been reading out both the NOX606 and the DDM 4000 today and am very torn. Price is pretty close on both models for me so had thought it would make sense to go with the newer model with the 606 but keep reading about how great the effects are on the DDM 4000 and some have commented that the 606 effects arent as good or as user friendly,

Are there any big differences as far as effects go and how they can be manipulated between the two? A couple things I'd love to be able to do that one or the other may not do.

-Apply FX on Low, Mid Or Hi or all
    -Control the Echo with a HOLD.
    -Use an external Effects unit as well *I was given a Mutron Phaser and Bi-Phase which is what Lee Perry used at the Black Ark and it has a sick and very recognizable sound that adds a nice effect to vinyl.

I'm going to keep reading about the effects on both to try and decide.

Any thoughts are appreciated!

MODERATORS: It wasnt until after I posted that I read the FAQ so apologies for posting this in the wrong section. Bad forum etiquette on my part.

DJM400 is a solid choice also
    Denon X600 - 2x Denon SC-2000 - AKG K181DJ - NI Audio 2

Tech Student

Thanks Patch for the PM about the DDM4K and hold echo! I really appreciated it! I've been trying to confirm this for weeks.

So its down to the DDM4000 or the Pioneer DJM 909. If I could find a Pioneer DJM 909 in good condition for 400+ range I'd be interested but new they are way out of my range.

My only concern about the DDM4000 is whether enabling and messing with effects is too cumbersome to ahve fun with. But as Patch mentioned I think you can do some assigning...macro style so that may make that concern void.