[Deep House] GiNjA - Deep House? June 2014 Mix
    Tech Convert

Talking GiNjA - Deep House? June 2014 Mix

Well I decided that it was time to make a new mix and for this one I wanted to put in all the tracks I'm enjoying at the moment. What was supposed to be a 30 minute mix, as I normally do, turned into a 90 minute mix.

The mix doesn't really stick to one genre, but instead I tried to tell a story, starting very melodic, getting interesting and deep in the middle and ending quite dark with some UK Bass.

I hope you guys enjoy the mix as much as I enjoyed making it! I would really appreciate any support you guys could give in the form of liking it / sharing it etc (if you enjoy it :P)

Length: 1:27:14
    Download: https://www.facebook.com/GiNjAza/app_220150904689418

Tracklist:
    1. Misterwives - Reflections (Gryffin Remix)
    2. Gnarls Barkley - Crazy (TEEMID & Joie Tan Cover)
    3. Nora En Pure - Come With Me (DBMM Remix)
    4. Adrian Lux - Teenage Crime (Thomas Jack Remix)
    5. Syn Cole - Miami 82 (Kygo Remix)
    6. Ten Walls - Walking With Elephants (Original Mix)
    7. Ben Pearce, Black Orange Juice - Predictable (Ben Pearce Re-Work) (Remix)
    8. Chris James - Make Ups No Break Ups (Original Mix)
    9. London Grammar - Hey Now (Mr. Rich & Billy Kenny Remix)
    10.Ultraista - Small Talk (Four Tet Remix) (Justin Martin Rework)
    11.Izzy Bizu - White Tiger (FlicFlac Remix)
    12.Rudimental feat. Becky Hill - Powerless (MK Remix)
    13.Dillon Francis feat. T.E.E.D - Without You (Low Steppa Lost and Found Remix)
    14.Möwe - You Make Me Feel Good (Original Mix)
    15.Adrian Lux, Kaelyn Behr - Sooner or Later feat. Kaelyn Behr (Original Mix)
    16.Klingande - Jubel (Nora En Pure Remix)
    17.Ellie Goulding - Tessellate (Kastle Remix)
    18.Zhu - Faded
    19.Möwe - Blauer Tag (Robin Schulz Remix)
    20.Clean Bandit - Extraordinary (feat. Sharna Bass) (Klingande Remix)
    21.Zhu x Outkast - Moves Like Ms Jackson (Bootleg)
    22.Clean Bandit - Rather Be (feat. Jess Glynne) (The Magician Remix)
    23.Tchami - Promesses (Pep & Rash Bootleg)
    24.Abby Jane & Billy Kenny - Come Again (Original Mix)
    25.Disclosure, Jessie Ware - Confess To Me (Hannah Wants & Chris Lorenzo Remix)
    26.Endor - Get With Me
    27.Friction - Long Gone Memory ft Arlissa (My Nu Leng Remix)
    28.Distro - Deep Down

Tech Convert

Any feedback? :-/

Also I have fixed the download link which wasn't working for some reason.

Tech Mentor

Tracklist looks good. I've got a long drive coming up, so I'll download it and give it a listen tomorrow.

Tech Guru

I only flicked through as it's not really my kind of music.

One thing to say, 28 tracks in 90 minutes? I'd be pushing it to get 20 in. Either you don't have enough confidence in the tracks your playing or you yourself get bored of the tracks.
    Technics 1210 MK2 x 2 / A&H Xone:22 / Shure M35S / Urbanears Zinken / Mukatsuku Record Weights x 2 / Vinyl
    iMac / Ableton Live 8 / Reason / Akai EIE Pro / Adam A5x / Boss BX 800 / Soundcraft EPM6 / MFB 522 / Korg Monotribe / Maschine Mikro MK1 / NI Kontrol X1 MK1 / Akai APC 20 / Novation Remote 25sl Compact

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by amadeus View Post
    I only flicked through as it's not really my kind of music.

One thing to say, 28 tracks in 90 minutes? I'd be pushing it to get 20 in. Either you don't have enough confidence in the tracks your playing or you yourself get bored of the tracks.

I used to have a lot more. I used to play electro just over a year ago so I'm coming from 25 tracks in 30 minutes mixing. It's not that I have no confidence in the tracks, I just mixed when it felt right and the mixes worked. I believe in trying to make each mix something unique, not just the usual using the outro/intro mix. Is that really something that is frowned upon?

This is a deep house mix with a more bit for vocal / pop influence compared to a normal deep house / tech mix where I would expect longer mixing and more emphasis on effects and so. I'm still learning how to effectively use effects to add to the mix.

But, thanks for the advice either way. All criticism is welcomed!

Tech Convert

Does anyone know how the Mixcloud charting system works? It says "This upload has reached 76th in the Deep House chart and 79th in the House chart" but what exactly does that mean? Is it purely based on plays/likes or what? Cause I see no trend in the top 10 on the chart and all that.

Tech Mentor

I really dug that mix, there are some great tracks in there. Are you on Soundcloud?

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by 0.0 View Post
    I really dug that mix, there are some great tracks in there. Are you on Soundcloud?
    Yeah I am, but since they started taking mixes down so often and the fact that 1h30m is practically all the free time you get with a free account I don't upload there any more. Maybe when I get to the point were I am happy with my productions I might.

Anyway here: https://soundcloud.com/ginja_za/tracks