Great Idea: DJTT Private Torrent/DL Community - Page 4
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

In the Psy scene.....if you connected and a good DJ, producers have no problems giving me their tracks to jam.

I am mates with a few label DJ's too and they also will send me music to play.

I then just choose what i like.

Its a great way to get your music out there and there is a nice relationship built too.

You obviously need to trust the DJ not to give it all away to his mates too!

However, the pirate CD thing is so heavy that these Psy producers know that their money is not in CD sales. So they will rather give their CD away and know its OUT there....than not.

Differant scene tho.....

APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by DJ V1ckz View Post

Maybe this forum is being overrun by arrogant douche-bags like you who judge the skills of people they haven't even met/listened to. No, I'm not a lazy narcissist who wants to use DJTT as a shortcut to my "DJ Hero" fantasy. I'm a DJ who is extremely passionate about dance music, and is slowly but surely becoming pretty damn good at mixing. It's not that I'm unwilling to dig, most of the songs I DJ with were either downloaded from a mediafire/rapidshare situation or from beatport. Before calling me a narcissist look in the mirror asshole.
    I think the moral of the story is don't go into a store and ask the employees to help you smuggle their merchandise out their door. In any other case you'd be banned from the store or worse sent to jail, in this case you just got humiliated a bit. Suck it up buttercup, consider it a lesson learned!

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DJ V1ckz View Post
    and if it were accomplished on a small scale would be mostly under the radar.
    I think that this is the main flaw in the idea. DJTTs in not "under the radar" at all.
    There is no way DJTTs could allow something akin to file sharing, not even by name regardless of the actual hosting. They couldnt be seen to condone it, not if they wish to keep their good rep.

btw - downloading from "mediafire/rapidshare" is still illegal.

Jus sayin'

Quote Originally Posted by sarasin View Post
    In the Psy scene.....if you connected and a good DJ, producers have no problems giving me their tracks to jam.

I am mates with a few label DJ's too and they also will send me music to play.

I then just choose what i like.

Its a great way to get your music out there and there is a nice relationship built too.

You obviously need to trust the DJ not to give it all away to his mates too!

However, the pirate CD thing is so heavy that these Psy producers know that their money is not in CD sales. So they will rather give their CD away and know its OUT there....than not.

Differant scene tho.....

I hear Twisted is at risk to go under due to lack of $'s - that sort of goes counter to what you say. I realize they are a pretty smal label, but Simon P is the one of the godfathers of psy.
    17" MBP:2.66Ghz i7 8Gb| Traktor Pro 2|Live 8 Suite
    Novation Twitch & LaunchPad|M-Audio Oxygen 25
    Presonus FireStudio Mobile|Shure 315's|Yamaha HS50M's
    "“beatmatching” isnt even a fucking skill as far as im concered anyway. so what, you can count to 4. cool. i had that skill down when i was 3."-deadmau5

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by BentoSan View Post
    I think thats a bit over the top of a statement to make, the dude is just trying to be helpful to the community by suggesting something - then you just jump on him and makes him feel unwelcome.

Do i need to mention up that making statements like this is actually against the rules?

If you think its a bad idea because of X reason, then do it in a mature fashion... don't break out in immature name calling.

I for one actually welcome discussions such as this and thank the opening poster for trying to contribute to the community by posting his idea, whether it be a good idea or not for DJTT. At least he is trying to contribute something and for that he has my thanks - so if your reading this DJ V1ckz, don't feel you need to run away because some people do not agree with your idea and the very small minority resulting to some name calling.
    Over the top? Maybe. Propsosing to do something illegal on a open forum that a lot of folks watch is tantamount, to stupididty. Having the cajones to come right out and make the proposal in the first place knowing its illegal also wreaks of some sense of entitlement.

Nowadays, so much if the music out now is mediocre at best, so in a bizzare way I can understand the whole file sharing deal. Still does not make it right.

So many want to be djs
    So many want the fame and fortune

Nobody wants to pay for the music.

Said it once, Ill say it again, if its worth playing its worth paying for. And if one does something foolish,, safe to say they should expect some hazing for it.

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by usdm View Post
    paying for. And if one does something foolish,, safe to say they should expect some hazing for it.
    Maybe in American schools but this is a forum and there are rules.

I think the OPs idea was bad and it was worth a poke and a bit of tongue in cheek joke, thats the nature of forums but i cant agree with ripping someone apart.

Moderator was totally right to step in and calm it down.

Tech Mentor

I would be happy with spotify or similar service that carried edm tunes. I wouldnt mind paying for the tracks. I feel my judgement is impaired when i can get tracks for free. Ive rebuilt my collection pretty much from scratch and i have less than half amount of tunes since my piratebay times. Quality, not quantity.
    @Twumpy

personally, i support this idea in some ways. i feel that we should be able to share "promos" as a community. however, *just* your favorite 1-2 tracks that week or whatever, not your whole damn collection that you only listen to 50% of. i'm still encouraging that people buy the tracks if you like them, it's the only way you'll get to hear more of the artists you like. this is just a means of sharing music with other like-minded people who want to discover new tracks, see how they mix together with others, or even throw up there and request that someone will help them grid it or whatever. so i've set up a private ftp account on my server, PM me for the login details. it is in no way affiliated with DJTT other than i'm only allowing people on these forums access to it. i take full responsibility for this.

PM me if you're interested.
    soundcloud.com/hpntk / soundcloud.com/freakstep
    freakstep.com / thefreakbeat.com
    me on beatport / me on djtunes
    Quote Originally Posted by JesterNZDJ
    My solution: Pay some one to whack them so you don't have any competition

Great Idea:

Don't begin the title of your post with "Great Idea"

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

This is still no different than having a thread titled "Favorite songs of the week" and have people post youtube videos, links to myspace profiles, or even uploading the tracks but not allowing them to be downloaded.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast