Great Idea: DJTT Private Torrent/DL Community
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default Great Idea: DJTT Private Torrent/DL Community

I just had a great idea, and while most likely illegal, would be ridiculously cool if it were set up. So I imagine a Demonoid-esque file sharing community, where its an invite only environment, and we could upload all of our favorite tracks. This would be a great way for DJs to share music with one another, and it would all be beat gridded, all 320 kbps, maybe keycoded, and extremely Traktor friendly. We could all collectively find/upload most of the songs a producer has made, imagine having all of Laidback Luke's productions all in one space! Maybe more famous dj's would share their tracks with us before they would be officially released, and up and coming producers in the DJTT community could promote their songs through fellow DJs. This would be super awesome, I hope it's possible some how. I know some of you have the know-how to set something like this up, and if it had a decentralized architecture we wouldn't really have any legal repercussions.

Not only is that illegal and therefore never going to happen here, but private tracker networks are the fast way to get yourself caught by the authorities.

Logged usernames, i.p's, passwords, names etc on private networks are never a good thing if you're doing something illegal

And before you say I find it highly unlikely you'd be able to set something up like this without the use of a private database.
    The Prime Directive - Electro, Disco & House
    My SoundCloud account: www.soundcloud.com/the-prime-directive
    My Design & Animation Website: www.mintyfreshdesigns.co.uk

"Darknets" are invite only, highly encrypted sharing systems, like for example http://waste.sourceforge.net/

Mainly used by individuals interested in keeping things secret. There are a few good reasons for running a darknet (think democracy in China) and also a lot of very bad, very illegal ones. Given that the RIAA prosecutions have been for "making available" commercial tracks and that the basis for Napster's rise originally was the idea that lending a CD to your friend is specifically covered as fair use under US copyright law, this is a very grey area.

Anyway, many top name DJs (Sasha, Tong, etc) already have private FTP sites where artists can drop pre-release versions of their tracks, so this is already happening inside the industry.
    Last edited by Fatlimey; 10-19-2009 at 07:54 PM.

and are most likely illegal.
    Samsung R780, Novation Launchpad
    NI AUDIODJ 2, DJTECH IMIX RELOAD, BEHRINGER BCD 3000, KORG NANOPAD
    VESTAX VMC002XL, NUMARK DM3000X, NUMARK TT200
    NI TRAKTOR DUO, VIRTUAL DJ 7 PRO FULL

Tech Guru

meh....
    as if djs don't play enough of the same music as eachother as it is.

Sorry, I don't want to help you taking money out of the pockets of my friends who produce the music you want to steal.
    17" MBP:2.66Ghz i7 8Gb| Traktor Pro 2|Live 8 Suite
    Novation Twitch & LaunchPad|M-Audio Oxygen 25
    Presonus FireStudio Mobile|Shure 315's|Yamaha HS50M's
    "“beatmatching” isnt even a fucking skill as far as im concered anyway. so what, you can count to 4. cool. i had that skill down when i was 3."-deadmau5

Tech Wizard

It's really not that hard to scour the internet and find semi-good quality copies of something if you want to try a song out. Just google laidback luke and blogspot or check a rapidshare site. At a certain point we would be hitting a lot of artists in the pocket in a way that say the movie industry or the software industry could absorb, but an independent artist couldn't. If something like this was to really exist it would just mean that less good music would get out, and more of the same would keep duplicating.

Tech Wizard

that's true guys, we would be hitting them in the pocket through file sharing, by putting money right in it. a lot of djs are playing all over the world because of file sharing. i can guarantee that dubstep/ funky wouldn't be even close to as popular if it weren't for file sharing.

its a great idea, till your taking food out of my mouth...

Well it wont be setup by DJTT or run on our server, we are trying to a legit operation !

What members of the community do with their time however is completely up to them.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast