iTunes/Traktor Collection - sorting columns...

Default iTunes/Traktor Collection - sorting columns...

Anyone know how sorting works in Traktor? When I DJ from the iTunes node (Smart Playlists) I usually have to click on a cloumn header to sort by that column.

But, I have to do this everytime I open Traktor.

How does that work? Does the Traktor view just mirror the iTunes Smart Playlist sorting? So, if the Smart Playist is already sorted by a specific column, will it show up in Traktor already sorted? Or, does Traktor apply it's own sorting regardless of the iTunes Smart Playlist sorting???

DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Bump.

'Cos I never did find out.
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy

Tech Mentor

When you sort in Traktor within the iTunes node, it just rearranges it temporarily from what I experienced. If you import the itunes playlist to a collection playlist(which is what I've been doing lately) you can sort/edit and it will save that. Might have to enable inline editing in preferences I believe. Also if you do this you will be able to see what the key is and sort by that as well, which is why I ended up doing that.

Tech Mentor

Also, if you don't want to import to playlist than you can go into iTunes(Traktor closed), arrange how you like, close iTunes, open Traktor and it should reflect what you did in iTunes. In short, you cannot edit iTunes playlists within Traktor.

Quote Originally Posted by CM
    ...you can go into iTunes(Traktor closed), arrange how you like, close iTunes, open Traktor and it should reflect what you did in iTunes.
    Well don't I feel stupid now.

How obvious is that???

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Macom View Post
    Also, if you don't want to import to playlist than you can go into iTunes(Traktor closed), arrange how you like, close iTunes, open Traktor and it should reflect what you did in iTunes. In short, you cannot edit iTunes playlists within Traktor.
    ...or, with Traktor open.

Change the order in iTunes, close iTunes and then click on the iTunes node in Traktor and hit refresh.

You don't need to close iTunes really, just 'Export Library' to the root directory but, it's just as easy to close and open iTunes (same amount of clicks).

Point being that you can do it with Traktor open.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    ...or, with Traktor open.

Change the order in iTunes, close iTunes and then click on the iTunes node in Traktor and hit refresh.

You don't need to close iTunes really, just 'Export Library' to the root directory but, it's just as easy to close and open iTunes (same amount of clicks).

Point being that you can do it with Traktor open.
    Nice! Good stuff.