so i keep getting deep house mix submissions lately. Is there a move?
Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Default so i keep getting deep house mix submissions lately. Is there a move?

So i keep getting mix submissions, and even when i go online to find new djs and new mixes i see TONS of Deep house. i mean its EVERYWHERE lately, and been that way for months now.

Usually one would say (when you buy a jetta, now your going to see how many just like it are on the road)
    but in this case, that doesnt apply because, honestly, i dont follow or listen to Deep House.
    I dont even play it on the station.
    So i been wondering. is there a massive influx of deep house productions going on right now?
    i mean really its like neck and neck with the amount of Trance mixes and tracks that have been coming out.

even look at the DJ MIXES / Production area on DJTT forums
    i would say even there you see a higher percentage of Deep House dj mixes

Tech Guru

Deep house is definitely growing in popularity. A lot of the 'bros' are getting into it now too.
    Bedroom DJ | Pioneer DJM-800 | Pioneer CDJ2000 and CDJ900-NXS | 2 x Mackie MR8MKII | Sennheiser Amperior

Tech Guru

Not sure how it is in America, but over here you have two tribes of trendy dance types, the Deep House kids and the Banging Prog House kids.
    Kontrol S4Senn HD 25-1Kontrol F1

Quote Originally Posted by Sambo View Post
    Not sure how it is in America, but over here you have two tribes of trendy dance types, the Deep House kids and the Banging Prog House kids.
    right now it seems like prog house has taken a passenger seat in production. its very close to Trance in its sound at the moment but as for prog house in your area, is it growing there too?

dont get me wrong, while i do like deep house, its really not geared for the station. more people tune OUT when its playing.
    They tune in longer when its vocals (house / trance)
    and even some hardstyle or harder dubstep and progressive house.
    and when it comes to whats in the stations database, i never go with "the top 100 lists or popular" stuff.
    I really like to try and make sure there is a lot of really great productions of mostly unknown artists.

Tech Guru

Trance and house are definitely beginning to merge. It's starting to get difficult to tell the difference unless it's very traditional uplifting type trance.

Hardstyle is also beginning to show its elements in trap/dub and electro house.

Agreed on the deep house though, I only put it on if I want to relax and have some background music.
    Bedroom DJ | Pioneer DJM-800 | Pioneer CDJ2000 and CDJ900-NXS | 2 x Mackie MR8MKII | Sennheiser Amperior

I think a lot of stuff is getting labeled deep house that isn't really deep house - at least it's not deep to me. But deep can be very subjective, and yeah "that sound" that people call deep house is really popular.

You should have seen all the whack moustaches at the club when I went to see Hot Since 82. It's seriously become a hipster thing, and while I love deep house, I love more melodic stuff, not the stuff you'd see on any top 10 list on Beatport or Traxsource.
    2 x Technics 1210 MKII, Pioneer-DJM 900 Nexus, Traktor Scratch Pro, NI F1,
    Ableton Live 9.6 Suite, Ableton Push, Studio One 3, Moog Sub37, Roland Alpha Juno 2, Korg MS-20 Mini, Yamaha TG-77, TR-8, Rhodes MKI Stage, Wurlitzer 200a, couple pedals, couple amps, lots of software and a freakin iPad

Quote Originally Posted by ImNotDedYet View Post
    top 10 list on Beatport or Traxsource.
    why not just call them the "most sold" or "Please buy these songs" list ?

i know what you mean

Yeah, I get what you're saying.

Been playing real deep house, and mixing it up with other genres like tech house, for more than 7 years now. And with real deep house I don't mean that slowed down bpm progressive house that seems to be the hype at the moment.
    I think this is where the crux can be found.

Prog people slowing down progressive tunes from 128ish bpm to 124bpm and calling it deep house, as that the bpm is too slow to call it Progressive.
    Listen to some of the Bakermat (Vandaag) or KlangKarussel (Sonnentanz) stuff, and you will hear exactly what I mean.

Eventhough I can appreciate the tunes, for me this still is Progressive, even though slowed down.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Probably because it's easy to mix...

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast