help with DPC latency

Default help with DPC latency

basically my question is if its safe to disable "Microsoft Composite Battery"

ok. a long time ago i solved my DPC latency issue thanks to this forum and the NI forum.

my laptop battery died a while ago, i didnt replace it for about a year.

with my old battery, i had 2/3 features listen under battery in device manager for it disabled.

i am running windows 7 64 bit

i KNOW that the one thing i had disabled was "Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery"

and i thought the other thing i had disabled was "Microsoft AC Adapter"

after i got a new battery initially i just renabled both of them, so i could monitor the charging of my new battery (i like to fully charge drain batteries when i get them new)

at the time. i didnt think it was much of an issue and i thought my DPC spikes were mainly caused by my wireless card (disabled)

so now i noticed the spikes today and its not very nice.

so disabled "Microsoft AC Adapter" and "Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery"

then i went to restart my computer. during shutdown it BSOD'd but then it start up fine

DPC latency spikes were not gone though.

NOW WHAT IM THINKING is that i actually had "Microsoft AC Adapter" enabled and the other thing i had disabled was "Microsoft Composite Battery". i wanna disabled "Microsoft Composite Battery" but i really dont wanna break my computer

im assuming it should be safe but i can not find the answer on the internet thought it best to ask here

thanks guys
    Last edited by Dj.You.S.Bee; 06-04-2014 at 06:04 PM.

I just remove the battery completely. My lappy is always plugged in, so, what need is there for a battery?!!
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Last edited by feedbackl00p; 07-29-2014 at 10:29 PM.

exactly. and "Microsoft Composite Battery" is a kernel level driver meaning if it could be essential to running the OS. though i doubt it im not ready to take the risk untill i am sure it is safe to disable it. i have not tried but i think removing the battery would do nothing to help this

im not worried about the battery, i could give 2 f*cks about it.

im worried that if i disable this it could "brick" my laptop in a way. im scared of that or having to completely reinstall OS

nope, disable away mate. the only caveat is that the battery icon disappears so you don't know the battery level.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

ok, thank you jester.

but just to clarify. the battery has already disappeared when i disable "Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery"

could u yourself verify that you actually have "Microsoft Composite Battery" disabled and show a screenshot if possibly. i dunno why im paranoid cause the only thing i could find on it was someone saying it could mess with boot because it is a kernel level driver.

Look Ma, No Battery!

Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

yah im talking about something else you dont have ....

however i do think my laptop is fine. if i use DPC latency checker its fine but i was using latency mon and my "highest measured interrupt to process latency) was looking fairly high.

i think the only thing that really does need to be disabled though is the "microsoft acpi-compliant control method battery"
    Last edited by Dj.You.S.Bee; 06-05-2014 at 01:11 AM.