Advice on upgrade

Default Advice on upgrade

Hi,

I currently use american audio VMS 2 with virtual dj,

I got these to start out and learn the basics of djing, but feel like ive reached the limit as to what i can do on these.

I was looking at maybe getting some cdj's and a mixer however, from just looking it looks like you have to spend some serious money to get an upgrade from the features i have already.

From what i've looked at breifly, cheap cdjs don't off that much more than my VMS 2.

I enjoy having my whole music collection to chose from when i'm mixing.

I mix house and d and b mainly.

Any idear guys?

my advise would be to go with Traktor Pro 2 software as it is a nice follow up to VDJ (just a little more proffesional) and you have a virtually limitless amount of controllers/ set ups to choose from. I also started with VDJ and a hercules RMX controller and upgraded to Traktor Scratch Pro 2, with a native instruments S4 mk1 controller (4channel) and 2 numark TTs. Build your set up to your specified taste for a mere fraction of what decent CDJs and a mixer would cost you. My whole setup cost me about 1750 euros, which would probably get you just one decent CDJ, but that is including a new HP quadcore pavillion laptop, M audio 70w audiophile monitor set, native instruments S4, 2 numark tt200 turntables and the software scratch upgrade. giving me a fully fledged 4 deck setup with all the whistles and bells you can think of
    HP Pavillion 17" , i7 core 2nd gen, 8Gb ram / Traktor Scratch Pro 2 / Ableton Live suite 8 & 9 / Traktor Kontrol S4 / Traktor Kontrol F1 / 2x Numark TT200 / Hercules DJ Console RMX / Akai MPD24 / Evolution MK425C / Evolution UC33 / Sennheiser HD215 / M-Audio Audiophiles BX5A active monitors

Tech Mentor

In my opinion:
    Upgrade to Traktor, get into midi mapping and configure your existing controller to your preferred workflow.
    You donīt need expensive Pioneer stuff or external mixer when you use your computer with a soundcard and a midi controller. All your music would be in one place without carrying heavy CDs or vinyls to clubs..

MacBookPro 11,1 | i5 2,4GHz | 16 GB RAM | 256 GB SSD
    MacOSX 10.15.x | TraktorPro 3.x | VCI-100 SE FW 1.4 | VCI-400 SE (EGE)

thanks,

I think i may get the traktor software,

I did download it illegally and it was a bit tempratmental.

think with the vms 2 the mapping provided doesnt cover all the button which is why i stuck with VD, i'll try and experiment again.

Do they do a free version to test it out on my hardware.

Also

Currently i am just using some decentish hi fi speaker through and amp, it sounds good but i am looking for a more compact speaker set with a bit of base.

and cheap good products out there

Thanks
    Rhys