3rd controller ideas
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default 3rd controller ideas

I am running a Traktor S2 with a F1 controlling effects (Tekken ultimate F1 mapping) BUt i have lost control of some of the default F1 mapping, and cumbersome to control remix decks and effects on the same controller. I am thinking of two options: 1: Another F1 in default mapping to control remix decks.
    2: Adding a Midi Fighter 3d to map effects, or control remix decks with.

Any input on what would be better, or any other suggestions?

Can I hear a mix of what you can do with what you've got so far? It'll make it easier to give you my opinion.
    "Walking the fine line between Stupidity and Genious" My Soundcloud ---- My Mixcloud
    MBP Retina 2015--TSP 2.10--2xDNSC5000--2xDNSC2900--2xDNSC2000--NI F1--Denon DN-X1700--HDJ2000--Stanton STR8-80--QSC K12's--Crown Amplifier--Urei Monitors

lol, i am not that good. Just starting, dj'ing for my middle school. But I am getting better at using effects to build parts of songs (and edit out words) and different types of transitions between songs.. Ive been looking at the the Midi Twister also.

It all depends on what you want to accomplish. I just added a maschine to my set up. I had a behringer CMD DC-1 for my remix deck but I didn't like the feel of it. I could have went with the F1 but I use maschine in my productions as well. So point is its all comes down to what you want to do.
    Current Set Up: Denon DN X1600, 2x Kontrol X1 MK1, Traktor Kontrol F1, Macbook Pro, Traktor Pro 2 LIVE & LET RAVE
    SoundCloud YouTube

Im in a simalar situation like yourself but Im looking fir a 2nd controller. I'm torn between a Twister and Traktor Kontrol X1 MK2, Im trying to figure which would give me the best bang for the buck.

I like the F1 for effects, but what I need is a controller to control remix decks and 8 hot cues

Tech Mentor

I had issues with my F1s loosing midi assignment at gigs so I decided to just midi map the same to a Novation Launch Control. $100 and it's light and highly portable.

I Think I have it narrowed down. I like my F1 with the Tekken mapping. Controlling all of the effects. Then the other controller would have to be able to control the remix decks, and maybe in midi mode, assign the 8 hot cues. another F1? or maybe the Midi Twister would be better.

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Hey desmo13,

If you really like Tekken's mapping and want stick that style than adding another F1 for the remix deck sounds great.
    My question is what type of sounds do you play in a remix deck? Do you use all the remix deck functions? Would mapping a 3D satisfy amount of control you usually remix with?

Welcome to DJTT forums!

Tech Mentor

It's worth noting that that mapping on the F1 drags on your CPU, I'm on an older Macbook so it slowed down my system considerable. Though it's mystifying as you are merely making presets. Maybe Traktor is loading up all FX at once so they can be accessed fast.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast