Westone Um PRO 20 earphones. Need advice!

Default Westone Um PRO 20 earphones. Need advice!

Hey guys,

Ok so i am looking at getting new Earphones for dj'ing. I currently own a pair of Sol Republic V12 headphones, but i am looking to upgrade. I am leaning towards a pair of Westone UM pro 20's. does anyone have any experience with these. I know they sell them on the online store here. Ok next question since the Westone's are $300 is it worth me just going that little bit further and getting custom made ones for like $700.

Cheers

Tech Guru

Anytime you get earbuds, I think it's worth getting custom made plugs if you will be using them frequently since they'll get painful after some time (or at least my ears hurt). That said, I don't think it's worth it for the customs. I doubt you will be able to tell the difference in a DJing environment, MAYBE in a studio. You can always order aftermarket earpieces:
    http://www.averysound.com/as.westone.html

Are you absolutely sold on getting earbuds or are you willing to get headphones? I'd suggest picking up Sennheiser Amperiors/HD25s. I don't believe the Sol Republics are known for their flat response, but I've never tried them out. I just did a quick google search.

I know someone here uses the Westones, I can't remember who though.
    Bedroom DJ | Pioneer DJM-800 | Pioneer CDJ2000 and CDJ900-NXS | 2 x Mackie MR8MKII | Sennheiser Amperior

Unless you're consistently getting gigs at places using heavy sound systems custom fitted buds don't make much sense to me. The main point of custom fitted ear buds are not only comfort but to protect your hearing on mega systems. I've considered custom fitted buds but it doesn't seem logical or feasible, for me at least. If you feel like you need them then go for it. Other then that stick with a decent pair of DJ headphones
    Current Set Up: Denon DN X1600, 2x Kontrol X1 MK1, Traktor Kontrol F1, Macbook Pro, Traktor Pro 2 LIVE & LET RAVE
    SoundCloud YouTube

Cheers for the responses, I know the sol republics aren't crash hot, they were a gift from my girlfriend. I have actually used the HD25's before and i personally didn't like them that much. But in saying that it was awhile ago i tried them. The places I'm playing at the moment aren't very loud at all to be honest. the other opinion i was looking at were a set of v-moda crossfade M-100