Getting slightly larger jog wheels for vci 100

Default Getting slightly larger jog wheels for vci 100

I dont know if its feasible or even worth it at the end of the day, but looking at the jogs on vci 100 i cant help feeling that there is a small amount of space on which it can be made bigger,pos sibly by about .3cm or so, is that possible? just throwin my thoughts out here, but i have a faint suspicion it mihgt just work, I know I'd pay for something like that with a big smile
    1x Allen & Heath Xone K2, 1xXone K1, Edirol PCR M1, 4x Numark TTXUSB, Audio10 and a truck load of vinyl...

When I had my vci, I toyed with the idea of milling larger jogwheels. I never got around to it though. Rumor has it that the VCI-300 wheels fit with no issues.
    Numark NS7 | Asus U81A - C2D 2.1ghz 4gb 320gb | Serato Itch | Traktor Pro | Homework Help

seriously? wow thad be good if there was something I loved in the vci 300 it was the jogs! thats great (rumoured) news! Thanks fiberturner will look into that, can you give me a hint as to where i could look for more info?
    Last edited by CodeMorse; 10-20-2009 at 01:08 PM.
    1x Allen & Heath Xone K2, 1xXone K1, Edirol PCR M1, 4x Numark TTXUSB, Audio10 and a truck load of vinyl...

Quote Originally Posted by CodeMorse View Post
    seriously? wow thad be good if there was something I loved in the vci 300 it was the jogs! thats great (rumoured) news! Thanks fiberturner will look into that, can you give me a hint as to where i could look for more info?
    I can't even say "rumor" someone on the board confirmed that it worked a while back. It should show up in search results.
    Numark NS7 | Asus U81A - C2D 2.1ghz 4gb 320gb | Serato Itch | Traktor Pro | Homework Help

Will keep on trying but no luck yet.... will you pm me if you hear anything new? this is truly intriguing

the trouble is the line faders. they would be too close to the line faders...

meaning that u might hit the jog while pulling or knock down the fader while scratching/bending... I was just thinking that and all, is there a compromise that can be found? I mean, ok so VCI 300 jogs are 5 inches, VCI100 are roughly 4.5 inches, with a 1 inch gap between jog and faders, half an inch from transport buttos, half an inch from vinyl, key, loop buttons. This all according to my measurements with a tapemeasure in cm then division by 2.54 (cm by inch ratio). Ean, do you think its possible to make larger jogs that wont hinder the other functions? and if it is will the enlargement be worth it? All theory and conjecture i know but all this is pretty fascinating to me

I always planned to make larget jog wheels for my vci. Mill 1/4" polycarb into rounds and get some aluminum stamped for a touch plate. My plan was to make the new top only slightly smaller than the plastic to allow for better scratching. Pitch bending would be via the edge of the jogwheel only.