Goodbye Traktor, Hello Rekordbox

Default Goodbye Traktor, Hello Rekordbox

Thought Id talk bait about moving from tractor to rekordbox for others thinking about doing the same.

I was sick of taking loads of gear including 1210s and a laptop out to gigs so wanted to cut down. I also had some issues with Traktor failing mid set and being a pain in the arse setting up. was also sick of paying through the nose for needles so I decided on going for CDJs. New baby also meant I needed to scale down size wise.

Went for the CDJ350 and matching Mixer and have had a play with rekordbox. The software is fine, although its shit that you can't store any cues with the 350s.

Having not really looked after my music collection thats become a mess Its nice to be able to start again with Rekordbox.

Overall Im really glad I made the jump. Ive still got Traktor and will still use it at home and the odd gig. But more than happy with Rekordbox ATM!!!

Tech Guru

Traktor is still WAY easier to make playlists for harmonic mixing though vs Rekordbox.
    Bedroom DJ | Pioneer DJM-800 | Pioneer CDJ2000 and CDJ900-NXS | 2 x Mackie MR8MKII | Sennheiser Amperior

maybe its because i keep my tables at home and use my S4 at mobile gigs but i NEVER have a problem setting up Traktor and i mean EVER!
    sometimes i might have left an efx in the ON position on my MF3D but as soon as i switch banks, the sound comes through again.
    Other then that, when i do a gig, i can carry EVERYTHING i need for mixing in a shoulder bag (full sized MONO bag for the S4)
    and if i need extra cables and wires - USB hubs- and even my Pioneer EFX500 i keep all that in a double shoebox sized roadcast.
    Still light enough to carry in my free hand.