Xone K2 LED Volume Meters
    Tech Guru

Default Xone K2 LED Volume Meters

I've saw this video and the guy sets the buttons to flash on different percentages of volume on a XONE:K2.

He sets the maximum one (Red) to flash when the deck hits 0.999 of the maximum level. Is this a good way of knowing the deck is clipping? Is it really cliping when it reaches 0.999?

I want to stop using autogain and start adjusting the gain by myself every time I load a track. Is this way, shown in the video, the best way of knowing the track is clipping when I have nothing but a XONE:K2 to play?

Thanks.
    13" Macbook Air i7, 8GB RAM, 512GB SSD | Traktor 2.7.1 | Ableton Live 9 | DJM-900 Nexus | NI Audio 10 | A&H Xone:K2 | Oyaide USB & RCA | HDJ-2000 | Odyssey BRLDIGITAL Bag

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Train and rely to your ears. VU meters in Traktor are good visual feedback but not as good as precision of analog signal.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Stewe View Post
    Train and rely to your ears. VU meters in Traktor are good visual feedback but not as good as precision of analog signal.
    Yes, thats what I was thinking. Maybe I should let autogain do its job for now and think about VU meters when I get a analog mixer with a Traktor soundcard built it.
    13" Macbook Air i7, 8GB RAM, 512GB SSD | Traktor 2.7.1 | Ableton Live 9 | DJM-900 Nexus | NI Audio 10 | A&H Xone:K2 | Oyaide USB & RCA | HDJ-2000 | Odyssey BRLDIGITAL Bag