Pointblank's EMC or Dubspot's Music Foundations Course?
    Tech Convert

Default Pointblank's EMC or Dubspot's Music Foundations Course?

Hello, I have a really tricky question haha, I'm about to get more into production, but I want to learn Music Theory First, I have already read "Music Theory for the Computer Musician", it was really helpful, but I think there was a lot of misunderstandings while reading it, and i thought that it would be easier if I had a tutor, and a study program, but I don't know if enrolling to Pointblank's EMC (Electronic Music Composition) or to Dubspot's Music Foundations Program, which one do you think will cover up more themes, or which one do you think is more suitable for me.

I have studied music theory and all that stuff by myself, but I consider myself as a beginner-Intermediate

Thanks!

Tech Convert

Someone?

I would hire a piano teacher for one on one lessons personally
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

Where do you live? Near either school? Music theory is a very one-on-one experience teaching wise so if you can't physically go to one of the schools take MaxOne's advice OR goto a local post-secondary school and enroll in some basic courses if your situation allows.
    Pioneer XDJ-RX//Rekordbox & Ableton Push 1//Ableton 9 Suite
    15" MacBook Pro 2017//Quad Core i7 @ 3.1GHz//16GB RAM//1TB SSD//AMD 560 4GB GPU

Tech Convert

Thanks I have already tried that, but all the music schools in my town are lame, I don't really learn a lot, I have also taken 2 years of Guitar Lessons, and I didn't learned anything, so just by checking both courses, which one would you prefer?

-EDIT-

BTW I live in Morelia, a City in Mexico, I live really far away from both schools.

Between the two I have ALOT of faith in Dubspot. I was actually going to go there as a student for a year and take a full class load until I found a similar school in Canada so my buddy can attend with me. I was actually just in NYC and crashed on a Dubspot employee's couch for a week (all i had to do was a few dishes, haha) and he got me a show at Webster Hall while I was there! On that same trip I took their weekend intro to Ableton and damn do they know their shit. 10/10 staff.
    Pioneer XDJ-RX//Rekordbox & Ableton Push 1//Ableton 9 Suite
    15" MacBook Pro 2017//Quad Core i7 @ 3.1GHz//16GB RAM//1TB SSD//AMD 560 4GB GPU

Tech Mentor

I do know neither personally, but have watched a lot of their videos on YouTube. They teach very well, but considering the price you are far better off just learing some on your own and getting a piano teacher for music theory. That will cost you $100 per month instead of $400 and reading the content of the EMC course I got to admit that that things are VERY basic.

However if you are looking for a real online course (instead of only using videos/forums etc) try the Berklee courses (https://www.coursera.org/berklee). The level varies a lot there, but I'd say there is a good course for most beginners and advanced producers.

Tech Convert

Thanks a lot to all of you, before enrolling to any course, I'll try beklee's free courses, I really appreciate all your suggestions.

Thanks for the link to the Berklee courses! Seems to be a nice course for beginners!

Default Emc

Hi cheche romo,

I did the EMC course at Point Blank earlier this year. Have to say it was money well spent! I learned more about music theory in the eight weeks than I did in the last two years trying to teach myself.

All the content, video tutorials and learning materials were comprehensive and well thought out. The best thing was having a tutor guide me through the whole course. Having a professional musician give me video feedback and advice on my music was invaluable to me. I would defo recommend!