Need help with custom visualizations

Default Need help with custom visualizations

Hey there.
    Lately, most of the places i regularly spin at, have installed some kind of visual system. Mostly projectors, but some places also have these huge LED panels behind the booth. (these are all controllable by VGA input from any computer)
    Now i only ever used programs like g-force and the like. While great in what they do, they tend to become anonymous and "just another visualization".
    So in the last few days i searched and searched for "dj visualizations" and the such, but i haven't been able to find anything.
    What I would want is something relatively simple. My logo, pulsating and rotating and maybe duplicating at some point, MIDI or sound-activated, and with backgrounds such as the ones g-force and such programs create.
    I know many big game artists have their own visualizations for big festival screens, but as i understand it, those are not dynamic. They are preprogrammed and accompany the predetermined set length.

So i have two options: Hire a graphics designer to render a 6-hour long pulsating visualization at 128bpm, and try to keep my sets as close to that as possible (even tho synchronization problems would occur in any case)
    OR
    Continue searching for something like G-Force, but that lets me create my own visualizations with some kind of editor?

(Or any other idea you may have)

Thanks!
    L
    Quote Originally Posted by donstone View Post
    I only use VINYL flooring. Rugs are for cheaters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post
    If you can't find an Abba song that you like, you are a liar of the highest order.

The only thing I've ever used for visulisations is the milkdrop plugin for winamp. Can overlay your logo onto it and make it pulse/rotate/bounce etc. I'm pretty sure you can also customise the visulisations, and probably download loads from the net as well. Haven't used it in a loooonnnngggg time though, so apologies if any of this isn't possible anymore!
    Mobile DJ. 2 x Denon SC2900, Denon MC-6000 MK2, Wharfedale Titan 15a Powered Speakers, Titan A15 Subs, HP laptop. Shed load of lights!! Maschine Mikro MK2, Xone:K2.

2nd Generation Mobile DJ
    2G on Twitter | 2G on Facebook
    | RobDQuick On Soundcloud

Maybe Musicbeam ist something for you. I donīt know if you can costomize it the way you like and if it would work with a LED Panel. But it works well with any Beamer so maybe itīs worth a try.

http://musicbeam.zepplab.net/#download
    Last edited by Subbes; 06-17-2014 at 09:11 AM.

If I remember correctly you can input text in G-Force via a sprite or something...
    Denon X600 - 2x Denon SC-2000 - AKG K181DJ - NI Audio 2

Quote Originally Posted by robdquick View Post
    The only thing I've ever used for visulisations is the milkdrop plugin for winamp. Can overlay your logo onto it and make it pulse/rotate/bounce etc. I'm pretty sure you can also customise the visulisations, and probably download loads from the net as well. Haven't used it in a loooonnnngggg time though, so apologies if any of this isn't possible anymore!
    Winamp is awesome.

You can have sound going into your computer so it listens for the bpm and will bounce on beat.

It also has tons of creative elements. I have been dabbling with it for the last 6 months or so, but we generally just play the simple built in visualizations.

Quote Originally Posted by AllDay View Post
    You can have sound going into your computer so it listens for the bpm and will bounce on beat.
    I remember this being a very handy feature of it. Using the :/linein command or something like that?? been a while....
    Mobile DJ. 2 x Denon SC2900, Denon MC-6000 MK2, Wharfedale Titan 15a Powered Speakers, Titan A15 Subs, HP laptop. Shed load of lights!! Maschine Mikro MK2, Xone:K2.

2nd Generation Mobile DJ

Tech Guru

Check out modul8

Also feed modul8's midi/bpm messages with something like waveclock

http://wavesum.net/waveclock-audio-to-midi-clock.html
    http://www.modul8.us/

I remember this being a very handy feature of it. Using the :/linein command or something like that?? been a while....
    Yes sir, its the reason I got winamp.

Milkdrop is the program within winamp and you can download tons of presets and whatnot. Im in the process of getting an apc to map all the basic warping controls and doubling and whatnot so i can just mess around with the projector live.

Quote Originally Posted by AllDay View Post
    Yes sir, its the reason I got winamp.

Milkdrop is the program within winamp and you can download tons of presets and whatnot. Im in the process of getting an apc to map all the basic warping controls and doubling and whatnot so i can just mess around with the projector live.
    Sounds like fun!! Does milkdrop have the ability to read midi commands now then?? I remember everything being done with the keyboard before.

2nd Generation Mobile DJ

Sounds like fun!! Does milkdrop have the ability to read midi commands now then?? I remember everything being done with the keyboard before.
    You need a secondary program like midiox or ableton live to send the midi.

Im starting to sway towards something more to do projection mapping now tho. You've gotten me more inspired to get some sick visuals going at our forest parties.