Longest DJ set on a laptop? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    9 Hours is my longest non-stop Set. I do 3 5hour sets a week on my own and regularly do 7 hours with a 40 minute break for a band. All on Traktor.

I was helping a club nite last week and one room had a 3 DJ crew, 2 using Traktor and 1 using CDJs and they were crying that they thought it was just a 2 hour set but had to do 4 hours between them. Pussies , absolute lazy ass nonsense. 3 DJs for 4 hours and they were playing fidgety tech stuff , each bloody tune was 8 minutes long and they still moaned it was too long.
    you gotta be joking. me and my crew (2 other dudes) did 9 hours rotating and were hungry for more at the end! we even played a little after everyone was gone :P
    soundcloud.com/hpntk / soundcloud.com/freakstep
    freakstep.com / thefreakbeat.com
    me on beatport / me on djtunes
    Quote Originally Posted by JesterNZDJ
    My solution: Pay some one to whack them so you don't have any competition

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

Pussies , absolute lazy ass nonsense. 3 DJs for 4 hours and they were playing fidgety tech stuff , each bloody tune was 8 minutes long and they still moaned it was too long.
    I don't get this. I have to BEG promoters to let me spin for longer than an hour at a time. They say "The crowd gets bored if the same DJ is on for too long". Fuck that. The crowd gets bored when a BAD DJ is on for too long. Stop hiring bad DJs.

gah! Sorry, had to rant.

People are stupid, Karlos. 2 and 3 hour sets are fun, and more than that makes it a challenge in the good way.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

I know, i know. I had done a 6 hour set on my own at the club the nite before so you can imagine what the promoter was thinking when these 3 guys were complaining about 4 hours between them.

They actually ended up doing 3 hours and another guy took over for an hour.

Thing is they were all about 20/21 years old. Brand new Macbook Pros , Traktor Scratch Pro. I gave them CDJmk3s and a DJM 800 and whacking great monitor and free booze.
    Whats not to like ??? Id be playing having a ball . Kids eh

3 guys were complaining about 4 hours between them.
    lol wtf !?

It takes longer than 1 hour 20 min just to get a musical journey on the road !
    There needs be a new rule i think, no sets less than 2 hours EVA - except for crappy dj's who can get kicked off earlier by those who know what they are doing

Tech Mentor

I only get an hour for my radio show on wednesdays, and it makes me sad.
    I'm not good at things, but I like to pretend I am.
    :Project-Segfault:

lol i dont understand how people can moan about playing long sets... man i milk every minutes worth of my set hahaha cant get enough of it... maybe those people dont enjoy it?
    Gear: Macbook Pro 13" , Traktor Scratch Pro, VCI-100 Arcade, PIONEER HDJ 2000, CDJ 400's, Audio 8, Midifighter

Same here. seems the more guys we jam with the less time i get. lucky to get an hour and a half at the moment, although the last jam was 4 of us doing 30 min b2b tilll 6am
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

I've never played at a club, so I can't really relate all that much, but at parties I've DJed at the last thing I was worried about was getting tired of DJing. I'd love to do a 3 or 4 hour set.

I don't understand how these people could whine about having to do an extended set. Isn't this supposed to be fun?!? I can't imagine whining about DJing like I whine about my daytime job..
    LamboxMusic.com
    Newest release: A Pimp's Overture in B-Flat Minor
    Check out my free "Robo Rhythm" EP: Here

Soundcloud - Facebook - Twitter

fatigue is definitely an issue while doing a full set, even if you are completely sober it can be hard to maintain yer concentration after two hours, this is where red bull and such can help.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Quote Originally Posted by JesterNZDJ View Post
    fatigue is definitely an issue while doing a full set, even if you are completely sober it can be hard to maintain yer concentration after two hours, this is where red bull and such can help.
    saw a thread on dont stay in .com where the promoter wanted 3 hour demos, possibly for this reason and to check it wouldn't be an issue.
    however i think the first 4 pages were just bitching and whining - which got worse when he said he wouldn't accept 3 normal demos mixed into one

Win 7 / 2x Reloop Contour / Numark M6 /Traktor Pro 2.5
    SoundCloud

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast