DJM900NXS or SRT vs Rane Sixty Two (DVS)

Default DJM900NXS or SRT vs Rane Sixty Two (DVS)

I am looking to upgrade my mixer from a little Numark M1. I use both serato (with ddj sr) and traktor with my RP7000 and M1 mixer. I want to use both Traktor and Serato with the turntables (not at same time) as i am selling my DDJSR. I have narrowed it down to 3 mixers, DJM900NXS/SRT or the Rane Sixty Two, mainly because they include soundcards and have on board effects instead of only software effects (where sadly the Traktor Z2 loses out).

Which mixer is the overall best?!

is it worth getting an SRT or 62 and using the onboard soundcard for Serato and external soundcard for Traktor
    or a 900NXS for traktor soundcard and buying an external Serato soundcard?

Price isnt an issue as of yet, thanks

you are comparing a 4 and 2 channel mixer here, how many decks do you mix on? why not compare against the 68? also what about xone 92?
    Traktor/Ableton /Komplete /MBP OSX el capitan

http://www.soundcloud.com/deejaesnafu

Tech Wizard

Your best option if you want to use both serato AND traktor will be the 900 nexus and pick up the Serato DJ Club pack when it comes out.

The mixer is a traktor mixer so you can plug and play without the need for a external soundcard and once the clubpack comes out your be able to do the same with serato DJ. If you get a Rane you will need another audio card to use traktor.

Quote Originally Posted by Deejaesnafu View Post
    you are comparing a 4 and 2 channel mixer here, how many decks do you mix on? why not compare against the 68? also what about xone 92?
    I mix on 2 but if i had a 4 channel mixer id use my F1 for sample decks, I do like the xone 92 well i love it but doesnt have onboard effects like a pioneer which is something Im looking for and I think the 68 is a pretty ugly mixer.

Quote Originally Posted by myndgruv View Post
    Your best option if you want to use both serato AND traktor will be the 900 nexus and pick up the Serato DJ Club pack when it comes out.

The mixer is a traktor mixer so you can plug and play without the need for a external soundcard and once the clubpack comes out your be able to do the same with serato DJ. If you get a Rane you will need another audio card to use traktor.
    Depending on how much expensive the Serato DJ pack is because it may just be cheaper or around the same price as buying a 900SRT as I already have a Traktor A10 soundcard. when is the club pack out and will it support DVS?

Hardware Question > Hardware Forums
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Tech Convert

Go with the 62 and that is coming from someone who owns an SRT...
    62 has 2 usb ports, cue point buttons, internal/external effects...
    don't get me wrong the SRT is a great mixer...but if I could take it back would have kept my 62..
    62 is cheaper as well....