Monoprice 4-Channel DJ Battle Mixer with Fader Control, FX & USB? $200?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default Monoprice 4-Channel DJ Battle Mixer with Fader Control, FX & USB? $200?

Product Here

Really interested in one of these for a home practice setup. Curious if anyone has any experience around one of these. I can't find anything outside of some mentions of their booth at trade shows. $200 for a 4 channel mixer is absurd, but for Monoprice, it may just be possible (and decent).
    Last edited by Colas; 06-17-2014 at 02:18 PM.
    Macbook Pro i7 || Kontrol S4 || Akai LPD8 || Midifighter Classic || Traktor Pro 2

Looks like it MIGHT ne worth $200 or thereabouts.

Although, I'd personally go for a used Behringer NOX or DDM4k for that kind of money.
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

Quote Originally Posted by Colas View Post
    Product Here

Really interested in one of these for a home practice setup. Curious if anyone has any experience around one of these. I can't find anything outside of some mentions of their booth at trade shows. $200 for a 4 channel mixer is absurd, but for Monoprice, it may just be possible (and decent).
    Pretty sure their mixers will just be rebranded cheap OEM stuff from china. I know Monoprice's cables are decent, but a mixer is another thing altogether.

Behringer do plenty of 4ch mixers at around the same price range and they have a 3 year warranty now, if you can afford 80 bucks more you could even get a mixer that has full midi and innofader capability as well (DDM4000).

Given the choice I'd go with the Behringer - so long as you make it through the first week or so they tend to last years, if not its warrantied for a long time.

Don't know why on earth they would call this a "battle mixer" though, theres wayyyyyy too much stuff sticking up around the crossfader area to even consider it as such.

http://forum.djtechtools.com/showthread.php?t=82148

They released a whole line of gear. I wouldn't use any of their stuff at a legit gig but possibly as an alternative to bringing all of your stuff to an outdoor BS gig. This all in one controller has USB inputs as well. Talking $300 out the door with no worries of frying a laptop. http://www.monoprice.com/Product?c_i...seq=1&format=2

Quote Originally Posted by Chaser720 View Post
    http://forum.djtechtools.com/showthread.php?t=82148

They released a whole line of gear. I wouldn't use any of their stuff at a legit gig but possibly as an alternative to bringing all of your stuff to an outdoor BS gig. This all in one controller has USB inputs as well. Talking $300 out the door with no worries of frying a laptop. http://www.monoprice.com/Product?c_i...seq=1&format=2
    They released a whole line of gear.
    They released nothing, they happen to be selling someone elses gear with their name on it. They are only just about worth the price they are selling them at, cheap OEM stuff. They are selling them for about the same as the big name competitors and just about what they are worth, no-more, no-less.

For example this is a version of the Dual CD decks WITH an additional Ipod dock from an OEM manufacturer

This looks suspiciously like the same mixer from an OEM manufacturer.

The question is, are you willing to take a chance on a no-name brand who and hope for the best, or go with someone else e.g. American Audio, Reloop, Behringer, Numark or even gemini etc who have been in the game for decades and can pump out mixers AND back them up when something goes wrong.

Monoprice SELL just about everything from ink cartridges to drywall screws - basically anything that they can re-brand and get at a cheap enough cost price. I'm sure one of their suppliers mentioned DJ mixers one day and they just said "sure why not".

Looking to better names would get you better gear at around the same price if you shop around.

e.g. $250 would get you a Stanton SCS4dj these days, which would be a far better controller/media player that the monoprice CD thingamajigs with oodles of extras, nice screen, waveforms, synced effects, playlists etc.

Technology is just so cheap nowadays. If anyone can prove me wrong and show that Monoprice went through a massive R&D phase to come up with these Stunning (sarcasm) DJ designs, I'll happily retract.
    Last edited by deevey; 06-18-2014 at 08:15 AM.

I don't think releasing a line of products means they have to R&D things themselves but yeah I agree they just rebranded someone else's stuff. Also you can't compare a new price to a used price and compare the products. The Stanton SCS4DJ is $500 controller vs $290. By far a nicer piece of equipment but apples and oranges.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaser720 View Post
    I don't think releasing a line of products means they have to R&D things themselves but yeah I agree they just rebranded someone else's stuff. Also you can't compare a new price to a used price and compare the products. The Stanton SCS4DJ is $500 controller vs $290. By far a nicer piece of equipment but apples and oranges.
    Seen a few places have been offloading them between $250 - $350 recently

Tech Wizard

Thanks for the viewpoints on the Monoprice mixer. I wish I could find a decent 4 channel mixer without FX, and decent monitoring.
    Macbook Pro i7 || Kontrol S4 || Akai LPD8 || Midifighter Classic || Traktor Pro 2

I wish I could find a decent 4 channel mixer without FX, and decent monitoring.
    How hard did you look ?

Behringer NOX 606
    American Audio 14MXR
    Numark M6

All are under $300, reputable companies and about bargain basement as you should dare go.

Denon dnx1100
    It's not the gear. It's how you use it.
    limitations are the source of creativity.
    If you don't practice you don't want it.

http://soundcloud.com/zimfella

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast