Seth Troxler: "Techno/Tech House is over saturated. - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by colione98 View Post
    I understand you like to take jabs and simply get the joy out of posting irrelevant content. You must really feel good right now.....
    It's not a jab and I'm sorry if you took it that way. It's not irrelevant either, it's just a simple fact that techno and tech house have been played on mainstream radio. They're still being played on the radio, but perhaps not in the New York radio market. It might have helped if you had specified exactly what you meant by mainstream radio.

Question, are we talking about currently or prior to 37 years ago? Pop Dance remixes also made it into mainstream radio as well in the late 90s early 2000s especially in NY Radio. SMH. Just have a seat please.
    How about BBC Radio 1? Is that not mainstream enough?

This is not necessarily me passing judgment on the quality of music but the reality that many people miss. Even Seth himself I believe as he states he doesn’t know what needs to change in this current scene. I have always said that the “current” underground form of techno/tech house gets a pass unlike festival electro hard dance EDM because it is underground and anything not commercial is cool. However, all of the above genres are still extreme forms of dance in a sense that the average music listener of either genre are at odds with the other.
    You may not want to pass off judgment, but a lot of your post seems to boil down to "why do people like what I don't like?"

Underground techno/tech house acts calls for the EDM bubble to burst but they give themselves a pass. But not Seth. However, since they are both forms of extreme dance, it is only reasonable that an extreme version of anything isn’t sustainable.
    What underground techno and tech house acts are calling for the EDM bubble to burst?

Why are techno and tech house not sustainable? They've existed for decades now and show no sign of slowing down. They find their own niche, and they aren't seeking crossover appeal or mainstream radio play.

What is sustainable is the mid-line form of any genre within dance that can take elements from either extreme side and create a bridge. What is sustainable is a party like previous years when the night develops from deeper sounds leading up to bigger and harder beats and ending off with deeper darker/after hour sounds- the essence of a journey. This can virtually apply to any genre and its sub-genres.
    In the immortal words of The Dude, "Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man."

But now, there is an identity crisis in that after-hour tunes are replacing peak hour or pool/day events. There is no sense of atmosphere in which music is properly paired with the setting and timing. Terrace sunset happy sets are being replaced by dark dubby slow techno/tech house where we should be rejoicing the rising of the sun with vocals and purity.
    Yep, again, your opinion. Honestly, I'm not sure what to think of your posts. You seem to think that the entire electronic music scene should conform to your idealized version of a perfect night out. It's all a bit ridiculous that you think every DJ should play tracks with vocals and "purity" during a sunrise set.

Cocoon Ibiza Yanis: The underground bubble bursted in Ibiza. "Underground is still niche and can't be mainstream in Ibiza"
    Underground techno isn't made for Ibiza, it's made for Berghain.

The underground bubble burst in Ibiza? There was underground in Ibiza??
    "Art is what you can get away with." - Marshall McLuhan

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123