beginner-controller... Traktor S2 or Pioneer DDJ SB?
    Tech Convert

Default beginner-controller... Traktor S2 or Pioneer DDJ SB?

Hi all,

Few months ago I sold my Pioneer 350 set since I hardly used it, but now I'm getting te feeling again for starting making sweet house mixes. I want to buy a controller, suitable for a beginner without any experience. I'm searching internet and hopefully you can give me some advise.

I can buy a Traktor S2 MK2 (second hand incl. traktor pro) or a Pioneer DDJ SB (new, incl. Serato DJ full) for about the same price.

What would you recommend me, so I can create my own mixes, and is easy to learn and not to complicated?

Thanks!

Tech Wizard

I personally like traktor much better but the kontrol s2 mk2 has had a lot of issues and i am not confident in native instruments sorting out the issues at all. The issues habe been going on since like october of last year. Random freezing and glitching not very reliable at all. I would go with the pioneer ddj sb, and just map it to traktor if anything.

Tech Convert

Hmmm... I saw some discussions regarding these issues, but was confident it was solved since this was stated on the NI-site (after changing some settings and donwload certain programs). Do you know if there is a lot of difference between build qualitiy between these 2 controllers?

Tech Mentor

I like traktor better as well, but I'd still choose the SB over the S2. That has more to do with the S2 than with serato. But you can always go to traktor later on if you wish. For instance, I use a DDJ-SR with traktor I got when I bought my kontrol f1. All midi devices work with traktor, but only some work with serato. Keep that in mind.

Tech Convert

After gathering more info from internet and your comments I've ordered the Pioneer DDJ SB incl. full Serato DJ...
    Will get it today and think it's the perfect controller for me... Hopefully within a few weeks my first mixes on soundcloud.

Thanks.