Crackling noise on Traktor pro 2
    Tech Student

Default Crackling noise on Traktor pro 2

Hey everyone, Ok so i have had traktor pro 2 for around 5 months now and its awesome. Recently im having some problems tho. When I play tracks I get a crackling sound through my speakers, its very annoying. It never happened until recently I changed the 4 port USB hub I have to a new one as the first one broke. I tried linking the DJM 900 up by itself to the software and still I get the crackling during playback so I don't think that's what it is. I've noticed that the waveform slows a little bit when its playing and the jumping starts as well. I recorded some music and during the playback you can still hear the crackling sound so its defiantly not a speaker problem. I Use a alienware m14x laptop, 2x Cdj 900's, DJM 900 nexus & the X1. Also I have tried adjusting the latency up and down, turning Wi-Fi ect off, using a script to optimize the computer and closed all programs and it still happens. I have updated both Cdj's and the DJM 900 & I checked a Latency checker and said that the system should be able to run it fine as well so I cant figure out what it is. The cpu level in Traktor itself stays very low and doesn't come up quickly or anything causing it to slow. The version I am using is 2.0.3 because when i upgraded to 2.5 it kept crashing over and over (Native Instruments are getting back to me about that). It Happens in all the versions I have tried so its not a 2.0.3 problem either i don't think. Could it be a recent program i have downloaded or something? Its driving me up the wall I have been trying to figure it out from Monday and have made no progress at all. If anyone could help me it would be very much appreciated, thanks.

Run latencymon to try to find the culprit. Check their website for more information.

http://www.resplendence.com/latencymon

It's free for personal use by the way
    HP Envy 14 Beats Edition, Traktor Pro 2, NI Kontrol S4, NI Kontrol X1, NI Kontrol F1, AIAIA TMA-1

Tech Student

Tried that mate says the same as the other latency checker I have, my computers computer's compatible. Closed everything I needed to that would slo it down but nothing has changed still makes the noises. Any other ideas mate? I've looked everywhere online and can't find an answer anywhere. Thanks for your reply

good info...thanks Padi...

Tech Student

Tried going through that while threat yesterday aswell and still get the noise. I've looked everywhere and can't get an answer. Might try and uninstall everything and start from scratch seems like the only thing I havint done or tried. Don't think it's a cpu problem that's the thing. Thanks for your help lads if there's anything else I'd appreciate it.

A few months ago I had pretty much the same issue. I was running a Windows 7, 4gb RAM and a 2.0ghz laptop no problems. Then suddenly out of the effing blue I started having latency issues. In the end I just did a clean windows install which solved my issues even though my pc couldn't handle more than 2 tracks at the same time.
    HP Envy 14 Beats Edition, Traktor Pro 2, NI Kontrol S4, NI Kontrol X1, NI Kontrol F1, AIAIA TMA-1

Default I think I have the Solution...

(( Please note that this forum logged me off and I was only able to retrieve half of my story here...But I tried to type it all up again. ))

Today is the... 3erd-5th day I have had this controller.
    The Traktor S4.

I had the day off today, so I took everything I needed out of my room and plugged it into the speakers in the lounge-room (( I have a set in my room, but those speakers are not as powerful as these bigger ones! )).

Anyway, as I got everything set up on top of the family ironing board something weird happened when I inserted the plugs into the speakers. ( Yes the speakers made that loud noise, because I forgot to turn them off ) But a little voice inside my head told me that would break my equipment. (( Please note that I use the controller only minutes ago, before my parents went out to work. ))
    I knew they wouldn't break and shooed the voice away but when I started playing one song, it didn't sound right with all that crackling!

To check if it was the speakers I immediately plugged the TV back in, but the crackling sound was gone. I thought it was a problem with the laptop's or controller's power. at first. ( I volunteer at a community radio station, and the main studio doesn't have an Earth, causing a weird 'radio static' sound whenever the power is plugged into my laptop. But I fix this problem by using a metal clip to hold the laptop charger's wire to a metal bolt that holds the table, in the studio, in place. ) But I knew this was a different sound!

I thought it was a cable problem at first, so I quickly grabbed another! ( turning the speakers off this time to reduce that loud noise! ) But it wasn't a cable problem. So I tried something else.
    I quickly grabbed the sub-woofer and a speaker out of my room, as deep inside my head my mind kept repaying it's broken now'. But as I proceeded to plug everything up again the crackling was still occurring.

I knew something was wrong, so I tried looking online for help. (Because out of the four billion people who use computers more frequently than the other three billion, someone, out there, would have the same problem as me.)
    I use a Google search and it came up with a few sites (I cannot list because I am in a rush, and lost it all in the log out event.) but they didn't have any solutions that seemed to work... (well if they didn't work for other people, they wouldn't work for me right?)

I almost cried, thinking that I would of lost almost thirteen thousand dollars on a controller and a case that would seem worthless now... But I didn't give up!

Solution... I think.
    I thought this was the problem from the start, I thought I plugged the USB connection into the (left side) 'other' port than the one I usually insert it into, but I was wrong, it was in the correct port, but I decided to insert the USB connection into the other port! At first there was no sound, because I had to reconfigure Traktor with the controller in the audio setup. I played a song and the magic of no crackling turned my tears into pride. I turned the music up and began jumping up and down on my parents second story wooden floor.

Default I think I have the Solution...

(( Please note that this forum logged me off and I was only able to retrieve half of my story here...But I tried to type it all up again. ))

Today is the... 3erd-5th day I have had this controller.
    The Traktor S4.

I had the day off today, so I took everything I needed out of my room and plugged it into the speakers in the lounge-room (( I have a set in my room, but those speakers are not as powerful as these bigger ones! )).

Anyway, as I got everything set up on top of the family ironing board something weird happened when I inserted the plugs into the speakers. ( Yes the speakers made that loud noise, because I forgot to turn them off ) But a little voice inside my head told me that would break my equipment. (( Please note that I use the controller only minutes ago, before my parents went out to work. ))
    I knew they wouldn't break and shooed the voice away but when I started playing one song, it didn't sound right with all that crackling!

To check if it was the speakers I immediately plugged the TV back in, but the crackling sound was gone. I thought it was a problem with the laptop's or controller's power. at first. ( I volunteer at a community radio station, and the main studio doesn't have an Earth, causing a weird 'radio static' sound whenever the power is plugged into my laptop. But I fix this problem by using a metal clip to hold the laptop charger's wire to a metal bolt that holds the table, in the studio, in place. ) But I knew this was a different sound!

I thought it was a cable problem at first, so I quickly grabbed another! ( turning the speakers off this time to reduce that loud noise! ) But it wasn't a cable problem. So I tried something else.
    I quickly grabbed the sub-woofer and a speaker out of my room, as deep inside my head my mind kept repaying it's broken now'. But as I proceeded to plug everything up again the crackling was still occurring.

I knew something was wrong, so I tried looking online for help. (Because out of the four billion people who use computers more frequently than the other three billion, someone, out there, would have the same problem as me.)
    I use a Google search and it came up with a few sites (I cannot list because I am in a rush, and lost it all in the log out event.) but they didn't have any solutions that seemed to work... (well if they didn't work for other people, they wouldn't work for me right?)

I almost cried, thinking that I would of lost almost thirteen thousand dollars on a controller and a case that would seem worthless now... But I didn't give up!

Solution... I think.
    I thought this was the problem from the start, I thought I plugged the USB connection into the (left side) 'other' port than the one I usually insert it into, but I was wrong, it was in the correct port, but I decided to insert the USB connection into the other port! At first there was no sound, because I had to reconfigure Traktor with the controller in the audio setup. I played a song and the magic of no crackling turned my tears into pride. I turned the music up and began jumping up and down on my parents second story wooden floor.