Versatile Mixes (In Berlin) and How You Can Make Your Mixes More Versatile

Default Versatile Mixes (In Berlin) and How You Can Make Your Mixes More Versatile

http://makeorbreakberlin.blogspot.de...they-work.html My new article about Versatile mixing in Berlin and how you can make your mixes more versatile with genres, loops, acapellas and more

Tech Wizard

I disagree with having to make your mixes versatile and playing as many genres as possible. I like having my own style and sound, because it's a way to make myself stand out. I don't want to be just another DJ mixing everything. A DJ needs a brand to be remembered and for people to know the kind of music they'll be expecting at a gig. It's good to be versatile in techniques by adding elements of different styles, and that's another way of standing out from the other DJs in your own niche, but at the end of the day, I think it's important to have a niche sound.

I also think it's important to distinguish between a sound/style and a genre. For example, I spin mostly soulful and deep house, but I also do some tech house and progressive house if the track fits my sound.