PA for home Djing
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default PA for home Djing

Hey!

I´m looking for a powerful PA for a living room at home where I practice DJing. I had the Reloop ADM-5 but they were way to soft. I need something which has enough power and base. What would you recommend?

Thanks

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Fmshred View Post
    Hey!

I´m looking for a powerful PA for a living room at home where I practice DJing. I had the Reloop ADM-5 but they were way to soft. I need something which has enough power and base. What would you recommend?

Thanks
    Whats your budget?
    Technics 1210 MK2 x 2 / A&H Xone:22 / Shure M35S / Urbanears Zinken / Mukatsuku Record Weights x 2 / Vinyl
    iMac / Ableton Live 8 / Reason / Akai EIE Pro / Adam A5x / Boss BX 800 / Soundcraft EPM6 / MFB 522 / Korg Monotribe / Maschine Mikro MK1 / NI Kontrol X1 MK1 / Akai APC 20 / Novation Remote 25sl Compact

I would FIRMLY recommend decent (100W, maybe?) hi-fi speakers and an amp.

I've recently bought a little T-amp from ebay, that sits PERFECTLY on the shelf on my Stanton Uberstand, and the sound (quality and volume) is magnificent.

I have 68w (4ohm)/50w (8ohm) T-amp going into 100w (8ohm) speakers.

That shit is LOUD and CRISP. It sounds BLOODY LOVELY, and can be had for less than £100.
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post

I've recently bought a little T-amp from ebay, that sits PERFECTLY on the shelf on my Stanton Uberstand, and the sound (quality and volume) is magnificent.

I have 68w (4ohm)/50w (8ohm) T-amp going into 100w (8ohm) speakers.

That shit is LOUD and CRISP. It sounds BLOODY LOVELY, and can be had for less than £100.
    I would agree the HiFi route would be a lot better, if my decks were downstairs they'd be run through the HiFi.
    Technics 1210 MK2 x 2 / A&H Xone:22 / Shure M35S / Urbanears Zinken / Mukatsuku Record Weights x 2 / Vinyl
    iMac / Ableton Live 8 / Reason / Akai EIE Pro / Adam A5x / Boss BX 800 / Soundcraft EPM6 / MFB 522 / Korg Monotribe / Maschine Mikro MK1 / NI Kontrol X1 MK1 / Akai APC 20 / Novation Remote 25sl Compact

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

+1 on the T-Amp, and you can pick up decent S/H speakers for pittance on ebay these days e.g. JBL Control 5's or Bose 201's can be had for under $100 the latter stood the test of my old DJ shop for 7 or 8 years before it closed down (speakers were still fine).

If you are in the USA you might look at these - I had a pair at home for years, used them at parties and they kick.... loud and sound good. Real bargain for $100 and you can drive them on almost any amp easily, e.g. I ran mine off a car stereo and even an alarm clock radio at one point!

Any speaker can be easily paired up with an active sub if you are really lacking in the that dept.
    Last edited by deevey; 05-22-2014 at 06:59 AM.

Tech Wizard

I don´t want to pay more than 400€.

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

In a word No, none of them ... they are PA speakers designed for School Gyms/Bars/Bingo games ... they WILL sound like dog poo, all of them.

the box PA110 A Bundle would probably sound the best of the lot but you will not get still not get a decent bass response, PA systems are designed to throw the sound down a room at high volumes which is not what you want for home DJ'ing

Seriously, for home use, a good hi-fi setup as was suggested above will be wayyyy loud enough and actually sound good, not just loud in all the wrong places.

If you are lacking bass, get a sub

DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Tech Wizard

Okay I see. So something like the Jb-Controls with maybe an extra sub would be the best.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast