Hardware Question: Will this setup work?

Default Hardware Question: Will this setup work?

Hi All,

I am about to purchase a pair of KRK Rokit 5 G3's for my home setup and was thinking of how to rig it all together.
    I need to have 2 setups linking to the monitors independently:

1. Pioneer DDJ-SX - 2x XLR to monitors
    2. Desktop Computer - USB to audio interface? - 2x TRS to monitors

The red boxes below show the new components to my setup;

Would anyone have any ideas if this setup would work, or if there's a better way to set it up?
    If this setup works, what would be a good recommendation for a cost effective audio interface?

Many thanks for your help!

Aaron

Tech Mentor

it would work to my knowledge though most monitors do state to only have one of the input connectors in at any one time so why not run the dj rig via the desktop soundcard?

Tech Guru

you can only have either xlr or trs at one time, trs will override the xlr.

But can run xlr or trs with rca.
    Technics 1210 MK2 x 2 / A&H Xone:22 / Shure M35S / Urbanears Zinken / Mukatsuku Record Weights x 2 / Vinyl
    iMac / Ableton Live 8 / Reason / Akai EIE Pro / Adam A5x / Boss BX 800 / Soundcraft EPM6 / MFB 522 / Korg Monotribe / Maschine Mikro MK1 / NI Kontrol X1 MK1 / Akai APC 20 / Novation Remote 25sl Compact

Thanks for your replies!

Michael133 - do you mean to run the DDJ-SX through the desktop soundcard with RCAs?

Amadeus - so I just need a USB audio interface with RCA connecting to the monitor, alongside the XLR to DDJ-SX? This could work...

You'll need a mixer to connect both setups to the KRKs. Also, if you plan on syncing your computers, you'll need a separate midi interface for the laptop. Good luck, It looks like a pretty awesome setup!

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by JudemanG View Post
    You'll need a mixer to connect both setups to the KRKs. Also, if you plan on syncing your computers, you'll need a separate midi interface for the laptop. Good luck, It looks like a pretty awesome setup!
    this!

you can get a tiny line mixer for peanuts so it shouldn't be much.... then you can play what you want when you want..

dunno if that DDJ-SSX has a line in but you could always run the computer through that mixer if possible?

Could I just hook the DDJ-SX to the monitors (via XLR) and buy a Komplete Audio 6 box and hook that up to the monitors (via RCA)?