Importance of club music for the ladies - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

I thought "the honeys" liked anything with a beat?
    2 x Technics 1210 MKII, Pioneer-DJM 900 Nexus, Traktor Scratch Pro, NI F1,
    Ableton Live 9.6 Suite, Ableton Push, Studio One 3, Moog Sub37, Roland Alpha Juno 2, Korg MS-20 Mini, Yamaha TG-77, TR-8, Rhodes MKI Stage, Wurlitzer 200a, couple pedals, couple amps, lots of software and a freakin iPad

Quote Originally Posted by TonyRome View Post
    One of the most annoying requests I get (outside of the Spice Girls or Brittany Spears) is "can you play something with words".
    Right there is the disconnect. Period, no iffs, and or butts. We can't have a conversation because if you are the type to get annoyed by requests for music with words, then there is not much of a discussion we can have. It has nothing to do with undermining you but we are on totally different pages. Being annoyed by vocals most likely means that you are not a vocal dude. Nothing wrong with that and I could be wrong but let's be reasonable here, you are not into club house. I am not talking about poppy house, I mean serious vocal club house music like this:

There is a disconnect and the only reason is due to the fact that we have different tastes in music. I listen and play a wide range of house music and so I know for a fact i am not in any way out of place- especially after speaking to some of the more well known in the game (i don't mean experimental music either).

Check out my conversation via facebook with 2 well known producers in vocal house:

Me- hey brother! long time no talk. I have a serious question for you. Are you finding that the style of soul/funky/latin like your sound, purple music etc, is suffering between the electro EDM and techno/tech house sound?

Alfred Azzetto - "Hey Johnny ...it was long time ago no talk... unfotunately house music at moment is really down now and especially soulful house... agree 100% wit you. luckily my musical background helps me a lot in the music way so 'I can go easy in the heart of underground scene but without 'make shitty music as EDM"
    paul gardner (soul avengerz) 100% agree - i have a few regular gigs which are perfect / but at a lot of my guest slots around Europe it's either cheesy / EDM or Underground Techno - Feels very disheartening sometimes

Quote Originally Posted by DubluW View Post
    Wait, wait, wait.

You use 50 cent as a shining example of a man who seems to understand women and crafts music for them.

I think you need to have a long hard think about what you've just posted my friend. Music is Music and as the saying goes 'It's Universal'

Maybe you should of entitled the thread ''Why play techno at pool parties?'' which is pretty irrelevant anyway if the kind of music you like is Richie hawtin and you like swimming.
    See, i know. You want to push me so that I can get all huffy and puffy and everyone will call me an arse and shy away from me. But no I won't. You have the internet correct? Ok, so don't move and pay close attention-
    Throughout his music career, Jackson has sold over 30 million albums worldwide and won several awards, including a Grammy Award, 13 Billboard Music Awards, six World Music Awards, three American Music Awards and four BET Awards. wiki-

there is your shining example and compare that to your favorite current dance or experimental artists.... No, sit back down- there is more.

Oh DubluW, where are you going, don't go just yet, Im just getting started with you

Now, providing that you do, which I don't think you will, but if you happen to find the time, start @24:45 until 27:30. That is 3 minutes of your time. Aww c'mon, I know you can do it!

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    My god... I just showed this to my wife (who goes clubbing a lot)... she hasn't a clue what you mean.
    We don't all go to clubs that are full of macho twats. Your field of experience seems to be very narrow.
    Ok, now for showtime!!!!! Mr Karlos Santos.... Btw, I really appreciate your passion! Totally awesome! Oh, and a little of info for ya, Im in America so there is a slight difference in layouts. But mind you, I much rather be in europe than the states for the music.

So! I again appreciate your effort and even sharing my post with your wife. Perfect. Trust me, many have tried to battle me but rarely do they ever succeed...

Here is what we will do- you will take the time to go over the material that I will present to you and hopefully you share this with your wife. But, you will come back to respond on the material that I presented as I will not comment any further. This means I will be simply the middle man and you will be debating 3 successful artists that share my same opinion! Deal? Good! You will be debating 3 of the better known artists in hip hop, techno, and vocal house- wow, got you all covered don't I?. So, shall we! I will make it easy and provide you the time. Btw, say hi to your wife for me Karlos!

ok, first up- you man of the hour, 50... @24:45- (as he speaks about making music for the women and for the club)

World Famous Ibiza Pacha vocal house recording artist/dj who happens to be gay himself - @4:15 speaking about playing for the ladies and not the men. (show that to your wife. Don't hide it from her, don't cheat karlos) And while you are at it, check out the ladies in the club (there are events that are not taken place in sweaty basements)

And finally, check out your boy seth troxler @42:40 that hates on EDM saying at the Ibiza panel that techno/tech house is saturated and there are 50/60 parties in NYC of that style which is too much for any 1 scene... They even talk about how the underground bubble bursted in Ibiza last year and didn't work with so many underground events.. these are club owners saying this... So, again, my narrow view? Yeah, you feel really small now don't you karlos! I know, I am an ass but its all love and passion! Oh, yes, I know you tried karlos and you tried before but you can't. You are always welcome to try but you will never.... again, im like this cause its love, not hate.

You're posts are fucking hilarious, colione98!

You're killing me.

World Famous Ibiza Pacha vocal house recording artist/dj who happens to be gay himself
    Just awesome.
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Tech Guru

I'm not even gonna bother responding to any of this, it's just getting stupid.
    Technics 1210 MK2 x 2 / A&H Xone:22 / Shure M35S / Urbanears Zinken / Mukatsuku Record Weights x 2 / Vinyl
    iMac / Ableton Live 8 / Reason / Akai EIE Pro / Adam A5x / Boss BX 800 / Soundcraft EPM6 / MFB 522 / Korg Monotribe / Maschine Mikro MK1 / NI Kontrol X1 MK1 / Akai APC 20 / Novation Remote 25sl Compact

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by colione98 View Post
    Right there is the disconnect. Period, no iffs, and or butts. We can't have a conversation because if you are the type to get annoyed by requests for music with words, then there is not much of a discussion we can have. It has nothing to do with undermining you but we are on totally different pages. Being annoyed by vocals most likely means that you are not a vocal dude. Nothing wrong with that and I could be wrong but let's be reasonable here, you are not into club house. I am not talking about poppy house, I mean serious vocal club house music like this:

Settle down killer. Part of it was a joke and the bigger part is I was asked to play a song with words in it at the time a Faithless track was playing...which HAS a great vocal (The Music Matters). The woman was in shock and disagreed that there was a vocal as it was blasting in her ear. Maybe she was tone deaf to vocals that are not destroyed by auto tune

I have no problem playing vocal tracks and would challenge about 75% of my set at one venue has vocals...because that is what works for that particular crowd.
    Never said I was against it... Was just agreeing with the other posters that, in my experience, it has nothing to do with gender.

Quote Originally Posted by colione98 View Post
    See, i know. You want to push me so that I can get all huffy and puffy and everyone will call me an arse and shy away from me. But no I won't. You have the internet correct? Ok, so don't move and pay close attention-
    Throughout his music career, Jackson has sold over 30 million albums worldwide and won several awards, including a Grammy Award, 13 Billboard Music Awards, six World Music Awards, three American Music Awards and four BET Awards. wiki-

there is your shining example and compare that to your favorite current dance or experimental artists.... No, sit back down- there is more.

Oh DubluW, where are you going, don't go just yet, Im just getting started with you

Now, providing that you do, which I don't think you will, but if you happen to find the time, start @24:45 until 27:30. That is 3 minutes of your time. Aww c'mon, I know you can do it!

Riiiiiight still don't see where you're going with it. The guy is a douche who's penned lyrics such as ''i'll take you to the candy shop, i'll let you lick the lollipop'' laced over a pants hip-hop beat that crowds lap up as it's catchy, suggestive and easily digestible, like all mainstream music. Not because women hear it and go ''yeah, that 50 Cent Geezer know's how to make me tick, lets boogie''

If i need to explain why he's not really a stellar example of music full stop, nevermind making music for women there isn't much point continuing. The video with hawtin doesn't prove any point as its an event down as Richie hawtin doing a pool party. The big newsflash is don't go to a pool party where Richie hawtin is playing if you don't like techno.

Any Pool parties that i've been too in ibiza for the past couple of years have had both sexes dancing at them, be it at one playing Techno, EDM, House or whatever genre the DJ who's advertised plays because the people going to them like the music that's being played and are there for it. It would suggest you are going to the wrong places and are not paying much attention to the bill. No-one likes that guy at a party who shouts in your ear ''This is okay, but i don't like the music''

Top Tip-Read the Bill beforehand and you save yourself a lot of hassle

Anyway, i shouldn't need to push you in any direction to get huffy and puffy and make an arse out yourself, as you seem to be on the well trodden path of doing that yourself. Im out.
    Last edited by DubluW; 06-27-2014 at 08:05 AM.
    A+H DB4, Technics 1210's x2, F1, X1MK2 x2, MaschineMk2, Akai LPK 25, MF3D, XDJ-1000 x2.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234