Mapping Maschine Pads to Ableton Drum Rack Slots

Default Mapping Maschine Pads to Ableton Drum Rack Slots

Hi, I've searched Google desperately to try and find this but I can't anywhere.
    I use a Maschine Mikro Mk2 and was wondering how I can map the controller in a way that the Maschine pads can trigger the drum rack slots.

I've managed to get a couple to work, but some other pads seem to be pre-assigned to other things such as session record?

So how can I map the pads, and delete any premapped settings?
    Thanks

I use Maschine as a plugin in Live and do just that. You can route the MIDI out of Maschine and into Live on a per-pad basis. I wanted to be able to step sequence and play my Drumracks live from Maschine. Here's what you need to do:

1: Choose which Maschine group you want to use to control Drumrack. I chose H so that I can use all of the other groups for Maschine.

2: For each of the 16 pads in that group, you'll need to select the MIDI routing to External, Channel 1.

3: You will then need to set each of those pads to the corresponding note on your Drum rack. The default 16 cells in Drumrack run from C1 to d#2 and up.

4: Load a Drumrack on a MIDI channel in Live. Normally Live will display "All Ins" and "All Channels" on the MIDI dropdown menus. You'll need to select the Live channel your Maschine instance is on for the first dropdown, and Maschine or Maschine 2, depending on your version from the second dropdown.

5: Set the Drumrack channel's monitoring to "in"

6: Don't forget to save all the work you did setting up the Maschine group as a user kit for ease of use going forward.

7: You can now trigger Drumrack from Maschine's pads and sequencer. HAVE A BLAST!

Tech Mentor

Could you set up the top row of four pads to switch the racks? i.e. have the other three rows play midi notes into the drum rack, and have the top row doing the same thing as the "group switching" buttons in Maschine so you could access four groups of twelve samples in group H while still having your Maschine groups like normal? That would be coo!!

Id Imagine you could do something like that, but I've never tried.

For that, I'd suggest the following:

Instead of setting each of machines 16 pads in a the group to ascending single notes chromatically, you could just open up a single pad into keyboard mode, since the notes will still move up chromatically in the proper order. Then do the same on the 2nd pad, but have its root note set to E3 and play the second set of cells in the same drum rack by opening up that pad into keyboard mode. And so on. You would still have to make sure that each pad in Maschine is set to output MIDI to external, channel 1.

With that method, you could access 256 different drumrack slots with one single Maschine group.

Tech Mentor

I thought about it some and I have a working method in my head using the Bifrost technique that would skip the step of switching the pads to keyboard mode... I'll go over it in that thread this weekend.