Ableton Push - Any new versions / comparable alternatives coming up?
    Tech Wizard

Default Ableton Push - Any new versions / comparable alternatives coming up?

Hey folks,

i am back in here after quite a while! (few years)

So, here's the thing...

I was thinking about getting one of those Ableton Push controllers, i've had one for a little to try out and so far it seems great, well made and versatile.
    Only thing, it's been already a few months (maybe a year+?) since it's been out and i guess in the technology world that's like a decade... So, before i go buy one and 2 months later watch 'the new one' come out and start crying, i was wondering if you guys know about any possible release of new hardware from their company anytime soon !

thanks!

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by royaldust View Post
    Hey folks,

i am back in here after quite a while! (few years)

So, here's the thing...

I was thinking about getting one of those Ableton Push controllers, i've had one for a little to try out and so far it seems great, well made and versatile.
    Only thing, it's been already a few months (maybe a year+?) since it's been out and i guess in the technology world that's like a decade... So, before i go buy one and 2 months later watch 'the new one' come out and start crying, i was wondering if you guys know about any possible release of new hardware from their company anytime soon !

thanks!
    Ableton won't bring out anything to replace Push anytime soon. Obviously there are alternatives but nothing that comes close to the integration Push has.

If you like the feel and the way it works, go for it, it won't outdate anytime soon.
    Technics 1210 MK2 x 2 / A&H Xone:22 / Shure M35S / Urbanears Zinken / Mukatsuku Record Weights x 2 / Vinyl
    iMac / Ableton Live 8 / Reason / Akai EIE Pro / Adam A5x / Boss BX 800 / Soundcraft EPM6 / MFB 522 / Korg Monotribe / Maschine Mikro MK1 / NI Kontrol X1 MK1 / Akai APC 20 / Novation Remote 25sl Compact

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by amadeus View Post
    Ableton won't bring out anything to replace Push anytime soon. Obviously there are alternatives but nothing that comes close to the integration Push has.

If you like the feel and the way it works, go for it, it won't outdate anytime soon.
    See? I love this guy !

2 sentences and done deal. I'm going to get myself a push (and not a push-up) tomorrow!

thanks bud

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by royaldust View Post
    See? I love this guy !

2 sentences and done deal. I'm going to get myself a push (and not a push-up) tomorrow!

thanks bud
    No worries, and enjoy!
    Technics 1210 MK2 x 2 / A&H Xone:22 / Shure M35S / Urbanears Zinken / Mukatsuku Record Weights x 2 / Vinyl
    iMac / Ableton Live 8 / Reason / Akai EIE Pro / Adam A5x / Boss BX 800 / Soundcraft EPM6 / MFB 522 / Korg Monotribe / Maschine Mikro MK1 / NI Kontrol X1 MK1 / Akai APC 20 / Novation Remote 25sl Compact

Tech Guru

No one knows this for sure? Looking at Push myself sooner or later as well

Tech Guru

Push is fairly new. They haven't even done any major price drops other than sales. I don't see them releasing a replacement any time soon.
    Bedroom DJ | Pioneer DJM-800 | Pioneer CDJ2000 and CDJ900-NXS | 2 x Mackie MR8MKII | Sennheiser Amperior

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

I'd guess the next version will be showcased sometime around 2017

Akai (who build push) dont update their product line that often, every 4-5 years.