Why does ableton keep "not responding" in windows 7?
    Tech Convert

Default Why does ableton keep "not responding" in windows 7?

Any ideas? I was having a huge problem with Chrome for a while, deleted it, and now it's happening far less. I am running firefox and usually 20% cpu at the max. It will just randomly make ableton, firefox, and whatever else is open just NOT respond for roughly 20 seconds. Very frustrating. Any help is GREATLY appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by jbl39 View Post
    Any ideas? I was having a huge problem with Chrome for a while, deleted it, and now it's happening far less. I am running firefox and usually 20% cpu at the max. It will just randomly make ableton, firefox, and whatever else is open just NOT respond for roughly 20 seconds. Very frustrating. Any help is GREATLY appreciated.
    Are you using internet while producing? I usually try to have as little as i can running while i'm producing. open up the task manager and see what processes are running at the time you experience this. could be that the network card or something else is causing trouble or could be latency maybe
    HP Pavillion 17" , i7 core 2nd gen, 8Gb ram / Traktor Scratch Pro 2 / Ableton Live suite 8 & 9 / Traktor Kontrol S4 / Traktor Kontrol F1 / 2x Numark TT200 / Hercules DJ Console RMX / Akai MPD24 / Evolution MK425C / Evolution UC33 / Sennheiser HD215 / M-Audio Audiophiles BX5A active monitors

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

Quote Originally Posted by Rip van Winkle View Post
    Are you using internet while producing? I usually try to have as little as i can running while i'm producing. open up the task manager and see what processes are running at the time you experience this. could be that the network card or something else is causing trouble or could be latency maybe
    +1 Browsers should not be open when using live especially if there is Flash Player open on any pages e.g. youtube bluetooth and network cards are the most likely culprit and regularly can cause dropouts*.

and whatever else is open
    Such as ......

*on a PC

Yep, eliminating all running things that aren't necessary is a good idea with Windows. Somewhere on the ridiculously awesome website is a script that goes through a number of windows services and processes and kills them for Traktor. Look into running that prior to doing production work inside Ableton.
    2 x Technics 1210 MKII, Pioneer-DJM 900 Nexus, Traktor Scratch Pro, NI F1,
    Ableton Live 9.6 Suite, Ableton Push, Studio One 3, Moog Sub37, Roland Alpha Juno 2, Korg MS-20 Mini, Yamaha TG-77, TR-8, Rhodes MKI Stage, Wurlitzer 200a, couple pedals, couple amps, lots of software and a freakin iPad

Tech Mentor

which bit version are you using?

I had live constantly crash with my system (i7 laptop) and then I thought of trying different versions.

found out that there is not enough capacity running x86 (32bit) (as a 64bit computer is gonna be underused)
    going 64bit fully with producing has solved all the crashes.

and if you have an external audio interface which is powered... switch it on first before ableton live.

remove any plug-ins that you wont use / and only have 64bit files installed for 64bit in the plug-ins folder.