NI Komplete 9 questions (sell of individual plugins I previously bought??) - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

The key term here is 'Crossgrade'. If you buy ANY Native Instruments product at a reduced price because you already own a product, the product you previously owned is called the 'Base Product'. The Base Product is the ONLY reason you got the Crossgrade cheap and you have to have the Base Product registered so that the Crossgrade can be registered.

Products do not need to be activated in Service Centre but they do have to be Registered.

You should always seek advice from NI Registration Support if in any doubt cus if you sell your Base Product and have it deregistered, your Crossgrade will become invalid.

Software bought with Hardware cannot be sold separately. Software and Hardware bundles are exactly that, bundled.

Quote Originally Posted by robdquick View Post
    I'm not sure you'll be able to sell off Massive separately (I think it's part of the Maschine package, and not standalone. Doesn't show up as a separate serial no for me). I don't think Maschine 2.0 is included in KUltimate either. Should be able to sell of Damage and Rammfire though.
    Maschine software is not sold with K9 or K9U, it's just sold with the Maschine hardware.

Don't de-register until you've found someone who wants to buy it though first!
    Roland TB-3, Roland TR-505, Maschine MK1 2.0, Alesis VI25, Novation Impulse 25, Allen & Heath ZED 10, iMac 2.9 GHz i5 8GB RAM, MBP 15" 2.66GHz, Logic Pro 9, Logic Pro X, Ableton Live 8, Ableton Live 9, KRK Rokit 8 G5's, Editor Keys Monitor Guards, Traktor Scratch Pro 2, Audio 10, , Vestax PDX-d3s x2, Kontrol X1 x2, Lexicon Alpha USB Audio Interface,

Tech Guru

Don't offer to sell a product if you haven't deregistered either, as there can be a long delay.
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    The key term here is 'Crossgrade'. If you buy ANY Native Instruments product at a reduced price because you already own a product, the product you previously owned is called the 'Base Product'. The Base Product is the ONLY reason you got the Crossgrade cheap and you have to have the Base Product registered so that the Crossgrade can be registered.

Products do not need to be activated in Service Centre but they do have to be Registered.

You should always seek advice from NI Registration Support if in any doubt cus if you sell your Base Product and have it deregistered, your Crossgrade will become invalid.

Software bought with Hardware cannot be sold separately. Software and Hardware bundles are exactly that, bundled.
    Sorry for my other confusing post, I wasn't meaning sell on my machine software, I thought I'd seen on a list somewhere 'maschine' (likely I scanned through and saw massive) and just wondered if it referred to the 2.0 upgrade I'd bought. I had a wander through their site again and didn't see it so think that was likely the case. I was more refering to Damage and Rammfire as I'd bought those previous, but also just wondered if there was scope to sell on/give a friend Massive but yeh, as you explained thats a crossgrade so probs
    CDJ 2000s : DJM 900: Reloop RP-7000s : Mixvibes Cross 3+ : HPCompaq : iMac: Maschine 2 : Traktor Pro2 : XDJ-AERO : RMX1000
    facebook.com/djanedalton / and my DJ alter-ego, The Imperatrixx

I installed about half of K9U last night - love how it comes on a big usb drive to save on the hammering of hudreds of gigs of downloads (I spend hours upgrading from Maschine 1.8 to 2.0 back last year). I need to clear morehard drive space to install some of the more sample based instruments but I did manage to install all the ones I was really after. Loving how 'pimped out' my Maschine is now. Got a nice long many months ahead working through those and seeing what they can do
    CDJ 2000s : DJM 900: Reloop RP-7000s : Mixvibes Cross 3+ : HPCompaq : iMac: Maschine 2 : Traktor Pro2 : XDJ-AERO : RMX1000
    facebook.com/djanedalton / and my DJ alter-ego, The Imperatrixx

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12