Pio or A&H?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pio or A&H?

Default Pio or A&H?

I have been mixing internally with a Livid RGB slim but I have had the itch to buy a mixer for a while. The 2 big boys on the block seem to be the DJM or the DB4. Is there any big advantages to either when it comes to DJing out of Live?

Ill be using the will marshall template and then remapping the 4 channel EQ section on the RGB to effects in Live.

Any thoughts on this?

If you're using Live, you might as well go for the DB4 for its effects. Both are good products.

Tech Guru

id see if you can have a go on them, and make a choice that way. its really down to personal pref
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2.7, MBP 13", iPad 2 & TouchOSC, Reloop NEON, Pioneer DJM750mk2, Mackie d.2, Pioneer CDJ800 x2, Technics SL1210MK2 x2, NI Audio 6 DJ, Dicers,

Sam, those were my thoughts exactly. The only thing that is holding me back is the fact that the pio is industry standard and I've never used one. It would be nice to be real comfortable with something thats so prevalent.

Chris, I wish I could get my hands on both mixers for a day...

Tech Guru

Depends what you want from the mixer, are 4 channels a must? do you want effects?

Personally I wouldn't buy either, but that's just me.
    Technics 1210 MK2 x 2 / A&H Xone:22 / Shure M35S / Urbanears Zinken / Mukatsuku Record Weights x 2 / Vinyl
    iMac / Ableton Live 8 / Reason / Akai EIE Pro / Adam A5x / Boss BX 800 / Soundcraft EPM6 / MFB 522 / Korg Monotribe / Maschine Mikro MK1 / NI Kontrol X1 MK1 / Akai APC 20 / Novation Remote 25sl Compact

Quote Originally Posted by William Gibson View Post
    The only thing that is holding me back is the fact that the pio is industry standard and I've never used one. It would be nice to be real comfortable with something thats so prevalent.
    This isn't really worth anything. Don't settle for what the benighted and less-informed want you to do. For example, Windows is the industry standard for a lot of industries (though not ours), but I sure won't be using it. Just consider what a lot of people think about playing out with Ableton vs. CDJs. If someone were to give you shit about using Allen and Heath - a DB4 for that matter - instead of Pioneer, they aren't worth your time. You're not going to change their mind, but you can just throw on some of the new infrabass effect and shake their bones and eyeballs.

I had forgotten for a moment that I changed up my signature - I've been wondering why everyone knows my first/full name all of a sudden.

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

Are you buying it primarily as a

a) mixer
    or
    b) effects engine.

If the answer is A, I'd probably just grab myself a Xone 42 and 4ch sound card and you'll be set for any mixer that happens to be in a club.

Quote Originally Posted by botstein View Post
    This isn't really worth anything. Don't settle for what the benighted and less-informed want you to do. For example, Windows is the industry standard for a lot of industries (though not ours), but I sure won't be using it. Just consider what a lot of people think about playing out with Ableton vs. CDJs. If someone were to give you shit about using Allen and Heath - a DB4 for that matter - instead of Pioneer, they aren't worth your time. You're not going to change their mind, but you can just throw on some of the new infrabass effect and shake their bones and eyeballs.
    Very good points.

Quote Originally Posted by deevey View Post
    Are you buying it primarily as a

a) mixer
    or
    b) effects engine.

If the answer is A, I'd probably just grab myself a Xone 42 and 4ch sound card and you'll be set for any mixer that happens to be in a club.
    Defiantly both. I would have all the traditional effects on the mixer then have all the go to ableton effects mapped on my RGB slim like beat repeat, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by amadeus View Post
    Depends what you want from the mixer, are 4 channels a must? do you want effects?

Personally I wouldn't buy either, but that's just me.
    4 channels and effects are what im going for.

One thing I forgot to add, I thought about just using all Live effects so I looked into the xone 92 but another thing I really like about the DB4 or djm is the built in interface. getting a DB4/DJM and ditching the soundcard sounds nice.

I briefly thought about getting a xone 92 but then I will have my RGB, X92, Focusrite card, and then I will need a MF Twister to map effects too.

I dunno, Just some random thoughts in my head. RGB and DB4/DJM seems nice and stream lined.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast