Beatport Pro metadata - where?

Default Beatport Pro metadata - where?

Hi all,

I canīt seem to find any information in the BP Pro "manual" where it states in detail where metadata such as "Set time", "venue", "mood" etc. is stored in the mp3 file? In that way it would be possible to use these infomations in other programs e.g. iTunes and Traktor.

Maybe some of you guys can tell me how to get this kind of information to appear in other programs?

Quote Originally Posted by Goetze View Post
    Hi all,

Maybe some of you guys can tell me how to get this kind of information to appear in other programs?
    For the PC side, Foobar and MP3Tag will let you see all the metadata in great detail. No idea about Mac though, sorry.

I have a partition with windows 8.1 on my macbook, where is have MP3Tag installed - bad news is the none of the extended fields seems to hold the information.. :/

Anyone knows how to enable all fields from the file in mp3 tag - maybe Im missing something?

Give Foobar a try then. If you select a track and then right click and select properties, it should show you the extended metadata.

discogs6.jpg

Here's an example of the metadata that shows up if you use the Discogs tagger. If that track had data from Traktor, you would see fields for BPM and Initial Key there as well.

My guess is that any Beatport information added should show up there at the bottom as well.

Edit: Sorry that pic turned out kind of small. It's not my own, I linked to it.