New to this

Thread: New to this

Default New to this

Hello all!

I am an inspiring controlerist. and when i say i'm new to this, i mean i am a complete virgin and know nothing. I have a launchpad s and Ableton live and would like to use it to DJ and for live performances. Any tips or tricks or guidance as to where to go to learn what to do would be greatly appreciated. I have no idea where to begin.

This looks like a good start.

Numark 4 Trak | VCI-400 | Fostex PM0.3 Bookshelf Monitors | The Triple Threat NI-F1, N1-X1-MK2, NI-Z1 | Serato DJ/Flip

Your best bet is to just look up youtube videos/google.

Seriously. They are your best friends.

Type "ableton live/launchpad tutorials beginner" into either. I've got a lot of full video Ableton tutorials if you want me to send some over? Give me your email and ill email the files over, or I'll send them however you want
    Roland TB-3, Roland TR-505, Maschine MK1 2.0, Alesis VI25, Novation Impulse 25, Allen & Heath ZED 10, iMac 2.9 GHz i5 8GB RAM, MBP 15" 2.66GHz, Logic Pro 9, Logic Pro X, Ableton Live 8, Ableton Live 9, KRK Rokit 8 G5's, Editor Keys Monitor Guards, Traktor Scratch Pro 2, Audio 10, , Vestax PDX-d3s x2, Kontrol X1 x2, Lexicon Alpha USB Audio Interface,

Please post Ableton questions in the Ableton forum.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --