Traktor Pro 2 Basic Setup Issue
    Tech Convert

Default Traktor Pro 2 Basic Setup Issue

So...I finally purchased the Traktor Pro 2 after fiddling with Virtual DJ LE for quite some time. Problem is, I can't get it to work! I've downloaded the basic mapping from Vestax.com as described in DJ Ghostdad's youtube video from Pro Audio Star.

What the heck could it be? I'm a newb and all so it's driving me nuts! Please help! At this point, I've got a $700 DJ controller just sitting on my desk that's useless at the moment. If it helps..the only thing that seem to read is the crossfader. But when I move it, instead of the crossfader moving on the screen, the gain knob moves wtf!

I've only been able to get a hold of NI tech support but they're unfortunately not much help since they're generally unfamiliar with the specific controller. I kind of want to bring it to my nearest guitar center or dj store in the city, throw money on the counter, and ask to "please set it up?"

make sure you have the correct mapping for your controller loaded up, and that the in/out ports are set correctly in the controller manager
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Tech Convert

Both have been checked and verified several times over.

Tech Convert

I've ensure both the input/output are correct as well as the correct mapping several times over via vestax.com. Still haven't figured this sucker out.

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

This could be some outdated mapping for 2.5 or VCI firmware is old and needs to be updated.

Be sure to check out MAPS! find some mappings for 2.6 and see if they match the latest firmware from Vestax.

Tech Convert

Appreciate that! I'll search for some maps that are specific to 2.6 for sure. My firmware version is the latest that was designed for Serato DJ but have recently read that it is not quite functional with Virtual DJ and Traktor. Anyone able to confirm? If so, what exact version should work?