Best soundcard between xdj 1000 and vci 400
    Tech Convert

Default Best soundcard between xdj 1000 and vci 400

I currently have a VCI 400 and am thinking of getting two pioneer XDJ 1000 as I really miss the feeling of having pioneer jog wheels/pitch faders etc and find I enjoy mixing far more with cdj's. (I'm guessing there shouldnt be an issue using the vci to control traktor and effects etc and then using the xdj 1000s to control the decks in traktor like timecode?)

My question is which would be the best sound cards to use for best sound quality? the VCI 400 or the pioneer xdj 1000?

If anyone has any experience, thoughts on the sound or the set up I'd be grateful for the info and help!!

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

Quote Originally Posted by ttf View Post
    I currently have a VCI 400 and am thinking of getting two pioneer XDJ 1000 as I really miss the feeling of having pioneer jog wheels/pitch faders etc and find I enjoy mixing far more with cdj's. (I'm guessing there shouldnt be an issue using the vci to control traktor and effects etc and then using the xdj 1000s to control the decks in traktor like timecode?)
    You'll be routing into the VCI Soundcard regardless, assuming you want to utilize the 4 channels on it, or are you just planning to route the 2 xdj channels externally into another mixer ?

Either Soundcard is bloody good, and it'd be an even tossup between the two with decent quality tracks - the weak point in your chain would be Traktor and Keylock rather than the soundcard.

Tech Convert

Yes I want the xdj to control two channels (a and b) in the vci mixer and then control c as d with the vci. Would this be straight forward to do? I'm guessing just selecting what controls each deck?

Thanks for the info! Appreciate it!! And why will key lock be te weak point? (Or is this generally the case with key lock?)