Rekordbox 3.0 - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Rekordbox 3.0

Tech Mentor

3.0 is awesome, I have a couple of small gripes but for the most part its a great update.

the main issues I personally have after a few gigs of using are:

1. the UI is all way too dark, did an outdoor gig and the screen was unusable until I inverted the screen colors on my mac

2. there is not a way to always have your full collection live if you also browse playlists like in the old version, so now if I want to search for a track quick i have to scroll all the way to the top of click a shortcut to the left and then search whereas in 2.x I could simply hit CTRL+F no matter what I was doing

3. after you search the search results do not clear if you click into a playlist so you panic thinking all the tracks were deleted, lol

4. they use a lot of wasted space in the palette views for album art, I don't use album art, they should let them be customizable

5. If you have a large library and a lot of playlists, the sync manager "checks playlists" every time and it takes 1-1.5 minutes before the sync actually starts, pretty annoying if you only update a few tracks and need to sync quick

Just downloaded it. So far seems a lot better

Ill have a more detailed review on my part after this weekend tho.
    Last edited by AllDay; 07-09-2014 at 05:05 PM.

last night I got the new version 3.0 and tested it out with Mixvibes Cross 'sync to rekordbox' feature, which allows you to export XML of your track's data/cue points which can then be imported into Rekordbox.

It wasn't quite working, as tracks I already had analysed by RB weren't picking up the hotcues/memory, but it was working for new tracks (which was somewhat of a relief) - so I'll be doing more experiments with that and see if I can get to work (was thinking of deleting all my RB tracks and starting again with my Cross exports) - but I'm hoping to get it all working fine as loved being able to do this with the previous version.
    CDJ 2000s : DJM 900: Reloop RP-7000s : Mixvibes Cross 3+ : HPCompaq : iMac: Maschine 2 : Traktor Pro2 : XDJ-AERO : RMX1000
    facebook.com/djanedalton / and my DJ alter-ego, The Imperatrixx

Tech Guru

Is anyone else having trouble logging in? I'm sure my details are correct, everything is ok with older versions of rb.

Tech Mentor

you need to create a KUVO account, the login in not your pioneer forum login

Tech Guru

That's the thing, I do have one. (unless they've just introduced them which seems unlikely) I will make a new one, I'm just too lazy right now haha.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Jane View Post
    last night I got the new version 3.0 and tested it out with Mixvibes Cross 'sync to rekordbox' feature, which allows you to export XML of your track's data/cue points which can then be imported into Rekordbox.

It wasn't quite working, as tracks I already had analysed by RB weren't picking up the hotcues/memory, but it was working for new tracks (which was somewhat of a relief) - so I'll be doing more experiments with that and see if I can get to work (was thinking of deleting all my RB tracks and starting again with my Cross exports) - but I'm hoping to get it all working fine as loved being able to do this with the previous version.
    rekorbox is no longer being powered by mix vibes so it might not work as well as before, but as you stated it worked on one track.

Quote Originally Posted by enorjy View Post
    rekorbox is no longer being powered by mix vibes so it might not work as well as before, but as you stated it worked on one track.
    Yeh, I'm kinda sad about Mixvibes no longer doing RB for Pioneeer but people seem very happy with the new RB3 so guess it's all good.

I did find though from experimenting some more tonight, if I made a change in the hotcues in Mixvibes Cross and then 'exported to rekorbox', unless I delete that track from the collection the new RB3 doesn't pick up the changes even with refreshing/reanalysing. But, it picks them all up perfectly if the tracks aren't in the main collection.

So it still works to an extent and am glad it does. So I'll just keep my new RB3 very light in terms of tracks in the collection, and do all my analysing and set prep, beat grid adjustments and tagging in Cross, which tbh I still prefer even with the new additions to RB3. Then if I've a gig that I want to just use a USB stick with I'll export to that from my collection in Cross. My home setup is now DVS with turntables or DVS with CDJ1000s, and my XDJ Aero as either a midi controller/external mixer with Cross or a standalone Rekordbox player, so between all these I've pretty much got nearly every scenario I might come across in a gig covered so am quite relieved it all still works (to an extent) with the new RB3
    CDJ 2000s : DJM 900: Reloop RP-7000s : Mixvibes Cross 3+ : HPCompaq : iMac: Maschine 2 : Traktor Pro2 : XDJ-AERO : RMX1000
    facebook.com/djanedalton / and my DJ alter-ego, The Imperatrixx

Tech Mentor

The nicest thing I could find was that I can now easily transfer 40 playlists to my USB/SD card at once. Put it on, go out for breakfast/lunch/diner and be back when it's done. No more waiting around and that's something I really dig

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Fesnation View Post
    If only you can sync the cue points from Traktor to rekordbox
    you can, look up a program called "RekordBuddy"

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast