N.I. S2 internal mixer with N.I. A6.

Default N.I. S2 internal mixer with N.I. A6.

Hi guys,
    I'm using native instruments traktor a6 with my technics turntables and traktor scratch pro 2 software. I'm using my native instruments traktor s2 as an internal mixer. Everything works grate , except I can't que my tracks in my headphones.only time I hear tracks in my headphones is when I put up the channel on my s2 . My headphones are plugged into the a6. So I can't mix, cause I can't hear the tracks in my headphones , can anyone give me some adive please.

Tech Guru

What does your Traktor Output Routing look like?
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

Default Cant hear my tracks in my headphones when pre cueing on A6 using internal mixer s2

Quote Originally Posted by makar1 View Post
    What does your Traktor Output Routing look like?
    Hi
    my Traktor Output Rounting:

Main Left/Right >Monitor Output
    "Ch A" Left/Right >Master Output

On the A6 hub
    I have the following: ( back of hub)

Turntable A on the A6 Input A
    Turntable B on the A6 Input B
    Speaker A and B , connected to the A6 Output A
    Earth wires connected to the A6 hub

I have the headphones plugged into the A6 Phone out.
    I have also chosen the A6 as my sound card in the preferences,
    so the problem is I cant hear the track in my headphones when I want to pre cue the track. Only time I can hear the track is when I side up the channel on my s2. Then when the sound comes out of my speaker ,then I can hear that track playing in my headphones.
    And I did set my internal mixer on, PLEASE HELP.

'

Tech Guru

Check the CUE MIX dial on the S2 and in Traktor, make sure they are turned left.
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by Nick TAYLOR View Post
    Hi
    my Traktor Output Rounting:

Main Left/Right >Monitor Output
    "Ch A" Left/Right >Master Output

On the A6 hub
    I have the following: ( back of hub)

Turntable A on the A6 Input A
    Turntable B on the A6 Input B
    Speaker A and B , connected to the A6 Output A
    Earth wires connected to the A6 hub

I have the headphones plugged into the A6 Phone out.
    I have also chosen the A6 as my sound card in the preferences,
    so the problem is I cant hear the track in my headphones when I want to pre cue the track. Only time I can hear the track is when I side up the channel on my s2. Then when the sound comes out of my speaker ,then I can hear that track playing in my headphones.
    And I did set my internal mixer on, PLEASE HELP.
    '

As long as you have the turntables running to the audio interface and not the controller, you won't be able to use the cue functions on the S2. It's crazy how many people have this issue, but the fact is that as long as you have the A6 set as the audio device under "audio setup" you will only be able to cue up and listen to tracks through the A6. Even if the settings are set to Internal Mixing Mode.

The S4 is a much better option than the combination of the S2 and A6 together, mainly because it has two sets of RCA stereo inputs that you can assign to a deck in the software. So now you just run your lines from each turntable to input channel A and input channel B in the back, set Deck A to Line/Phono A Left/Right and Deck B to Line/Phono B Left/Right under "Input Routing" and now you have a three piece/all-in-one solution with complete functionality coming from the controller and turntables alone.