DJTechTools JogGrips
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default DJTechTools JogGrips

Here's my review of DJTechTools JogGrips - those rubber grips you've seen in pictures on the site. Well, essentially they're bumpy rubber circles that you stick on your platters to increase the non-scratch area on your controllers and make your VCI look generally badass.

Here's what comes in the package, a single page of instructions and two rubber stickers. The bumps are a very light pattern over the surface, not abrasive lumps as I imagined them.

To Scale with a VCI-100 on a messy desk:

Man, these things are dangerously sticky, but not in a "rip the paint off your device" sticky, more a gooey "not going anywhere" kind of sticky. They'll definitely come off if you make a mistake, just pull slowly with constant pressure and they should come off without leaving much residue. Only time will tell what removing them after long term use will hold, but there's always solvents you can use to remove stickers when that day comes.

Place the sticker *lightly* on one half of the platter, align the edge and work around the circumference making sure the grip lines up with the edge. Finally, press down sliding towards the center to stick. Surprisingly easy if you don't try and align it all in one go. The instructions talk about trimming off the excess with a razor blade if you get overhang, but you'd have to be pretty careless to reach that point.

After application it looks like this:

With? Without? Having larger area for non-scratch operations fits perfectly with my layered style of DJing (I can't scratch to save my life) so for me these things are most definitely an upgrade.

Plus, you get a fun sticky circle to play with afterwards, I used mine to add a non-slip back to my cellphone. Recommended!
    Last edited by Fatlimey; 08-18-2008 at 02:07 PM.

Nice write up, they look like handy things to have indeed,

Tech Guru

Default cool

where and when can I order one?

the webstore- an announcement will be going out on wed.

http://techtools.myshopify.com/

Quote Originally Posted by eangolde View Post
    the webstore- an announcement will be going out on wed.

http://techtools.myshopify.com/
    The jogs grips are more expensive than the firmware update lol, Midifidler really did well on those things.

Tech Mentor

just ordered myself a copy... noice.. can't wait

I just got myself a pair too. When will they be shipping?

Quote Originally Posted by Fatlimey View Post
    With? Without? Having larger area for non-scratch operations fits perfectly with my layered style of DJing (I can't scratch to save my life) so for me these things are most definitely an upgrade.
    If I use the VCI to scratch, these grips will work to enhance the scratch surface, correct?

I'm using the VCI-100 SE TKS Version 1.3 (TT- Style) .tks, so I don't want these grips to adversly affect my scratching.

I was a little disappointed that the grips took a lot of real estate of the inner wheel... I wish that they only covered the outer wheel surface because for DJs who grab the wheels "traditionally" (i.e. outer upper left side / quadrant of the turntable) for scratching, they'll need to adjust. I the I guess one could modify them by cutting out the portion that covers the inner wheel.

Although I my system has too much lag to perform faster / complex turntablist style cuts, baby scratches and chirps are still achievable but have proven to be hindered by these grips... at least for the way I grip the wheels.

P.S. Does everyone have that IKEA desk? lol

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by thebeatworx View Post
    P.S. Does everyone have that IKEA desk? lol
    ::raises hand:: Jerker FTW!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast