DJTechTools JogGrips - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by rBobz28 View Post
    If I use the VCI to scratch, these grips will work to enhance the scratch surface, correct?

I'm using the VCI-100 SE TKS Version 1.3 (TT- Style) .tks, so I don't want these grips to adversly affect my scratching.
    No, since they're rubber they'll give u a bigger surface that won't trigger the touch sensitive part of your platter. The touch sensitivity is caused by a low source of electricity on the metal platter, which gets neutralized when touching it with your hand

Quote Originally Posted by amadora View Post
    ::raises hand:: Jerker FTW!
    Shrine to the Jerker Desk:

http://adam.pra.to/content/jerker/

Quote Originally Posted by barf View Post
    No, since they're rubber they'll give u a bigger surface that won't trigger the touch sensitive part of your platter. The touch sensitivity is caused by a low source of electricity on the metal platter, which gets neutralized when touching it with your hand

Great, now I have to cancel my order. Me and my impulse purchasing.

Tech Mentor

I have a jerker too, I've had it for like 8 years now I think?

On topic - I think the jog grips are a great accessory but I don't need them. Enjoy them for those who bought a pair =)

Tech Guru

Like the idea, but I think the price is a little steep. 24.95 for 2 pieces of thin rubber?
    i was thinking maybe max 15.00.

Quote Originally Posted by claudek View Post
    Like the idea, but I think the price is a little steep. 24.95 for 2 pieces of thin rubber?
    i was thinking maybe max 15.00.
    Yeah thats what sucks about the laws of economics, unless your buying in massive quantities(which i am sure DJTT is not) the per product cost is going to be high. This is very much a niche product so i never expected it was going to cheap. But hey, theres no user mod thats going to look that good and knowing Ean, this isn't some cheesy gimmick product hes flogging off on us to help pay the web bills.

Depending on the type of scratching your doing these can either help or hurt. I would recommend trying them out and if you dont like them- we will refund your money.

more info has just been posted here:
    http://www.djtechtools.com/2008/08/2...cing-joggrips/

In terms of price, do you guys think $20 would be a bit more reasonable?

Yeah, 20 dollars is a a better price, but if you set it at $19.99, i bet you'll sell a lot more. coming from a long line of retail jobs you'd be surprised how much more you sell by bringing it down to $19.99 then having it at a flat $20 dollars.

Also, would there be a way to cut the center into fourths so it can be used on the bottons of the vci to give it more grip on the table / desk? I'd probablly use a cheap dice cut to do it (like the ones found at craft stores)....
    "This is the soundtrack to the nightmares in which I can't wake up. I'm about to be murdered, or I'm being forced to jump off a cliff. Thank you."
    http://www.myspace.com/kagnawh

Tech Guru

I am not saying Ean is trying to make pure profit off all of this, but just feel it is too high. I would think these are not mass produced and maybe a custom run at a low batch, so prices could be a little higher than one would think, but I would honestly think $13-14.95 max would be quite reasonable and still then not even a bargain. When I saw $24.95, I was a bit in shock, unless it was made from carbon fiber space age NASA materials.

I certainly respect the feed back of the community, and my feeling was also that $25 is a bit high so I have lowered the price to $19.99.

This feels like a fair price considering how much they cost to produce and the work involved in personally shipping each one. Remember, this is not a mass produced product that is on guitar center's shelves like slip mats (which cost between $17-25) but a one of a kind very niche product that was custom designed and hand packaged for Dj Tech Tools.

Its also just a creative way of paying the bills around here so we can expand our services to others without going the dreaded advertising route.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast