Remix Deck Slots - Trigger/Stop toggle on same button
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default Remix Deck Slots - Trigger/Stop toggle on same button

Hi,

I'm making my own mapping to my Mixtrack Pro 2, and so far so good. But I'm trying to map the remix decks, and I can't figure out how I can map one button to trigger a slot when the slot isn't playing, and stop it when it's playing. I've tried with Slot Retrigger with condition Slot State Loaded and added Slot Stop with condition Slot State Playing on that same button, but it won't work. I guess I need to add a modifier of some sort, anyone that can help me figure this out?

Thanks

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Hey, One way to set this up would require adding one toggle type modifier to one or multiple remix deck cells. How many buttons you wish to map out?

Tech Wizard

I wish to map four buttons for each remix deck, C and D. Its just to launch Cell 1 on each slot. I have tried to map it in different ways, but I'm no expert in mapping.

Ok - let's add some modifiers to start with.

Slot 1 button: Add In > Modifier > Modifier 1

M1 / condition M1=0 / type=button / mode=direct / value=1
    M1 / condition M1=1 / type=button / mode=direct / value=0

Slot 2 button: Add In > Modifier > Modifier 2

M2 / condition M2=0 / type=button / mode=direct / value=1
    M2 / condition M2=1 / type=button / mode=direct / value=0

Slot 3 button: Add In > Modifier > Modifier 3

M3 / condition M3=0 / type=button / mode=direct / value=1
    M3 / condition M3=1 / type=button / mode=direct / value=0

Slot 4 button: Add In > Modifier > Modifier 4

M4 / condition M4=0 / type=button / mode=direct / value=1
    M4 / condition M4=1 / type=button / mode=direct / value=0

Once added, press those buttons and watch the modifier state display (yes it's that tiny 8 slots in the controller manager)
    each slot will show the currently selected/activated value for that modifier. If all good, your first 4 slots which is M1 to M4 should toggle between 0 and 1 by each button press.

That's the "hard" part

Now we'll get on the cell trigger part, trick is to assign proper modifier conditions for each of this trigger commands:

Slot 1 Cell 1: M1=0
    Slot 2 Cell 1: M2=0
    Slot 3 Cell 1: M3=0
    Slot 4 Cell 1: M4=0

(This way we tell Traktor to start the samples only while the modifiers are negative)

To stop the sample we will use this command: Add In > Remix Deck > Slot Stop/Delete/Load from List

Slot 1 Stop: M1=1
    Slot 2 Stop: M2=1
    Slot 3 Stop: M3=1
    Slot 4 Stop: M4=1

(notice how all modifiers are positive now - in other words your sample is being on play when the modifier value is 1, next press decreases the modifier value back to 0 and stops the sample at one time)

Use the same principal to your second deck.
    If you run out of the modifiers you can add new generic midi device to the mapping which brings you another set of 8 modifiers.

Wish you luck with testing this! Feel free to ask more, I might miss something

Tech Convert

capt.jpg
    that I'm wrong? I can not make it work

achievement play, but not to stop me that reproduction

and that the difference between deck remix c (shown in slot 1 cell 1) and remix deck 3 slot 1 (stop showing on slot load delete from list) ???

and achieved this achievement as modifiers have 16?
    Last edited by claaudj; 10-06-2015 at 07:07 PM.

I am currently also working on this. There is need to add 4 modifiers to have each pad switch between start and stop of a cell sample correct?

My mapping does not have 4 free modifiers left. Is there another way to start and stop a cell configured to one button/pad?
    Last edited by khan.cross; 07-01-2016 at 05:12 AM.

You have to use a modifier far as I know.
    When you run out of modifiers you can always add a new mapping device which adds another set of 8 modifiers to the mapping.

You can use program called CMDR to edit your TSI's with ease. Just copy all your Remix Deck mappings and paste them in to new device where you have more modifiers available.

Thanks will give it a try!

How about

"Play"
    Remix Deck -> Slot Capture/Trigger/Mute [Condition: Slot State Remix Deck X Slot Y = Paused]

"Pause"
    Remix Deck -> Slot Stop/Delete/Load [Condition: Slot State Remix Deck X Slot Y = Playing]

I think this was your original idea and i got it working just like this with my Mixtrack Pro and other MIDI gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Sulherokhh View Post
    How about

"Play"
    Remix Deck -> Slot Capture/Trigger/Mute [Condition: Slot State Remix Deck X Slot Y = Paused]
    There is no option called 'Paused'!
    Only Empty-Loaded-Playing.

I also could not get above Stewe's suggestion to work.

It really makes no sense for me, why it is so complicated to get a remix deck cell played and stopped with one button. Logically it is not a difference to a deck CUP/pause function.

I could also not find any how to in the internet about starting and stopping a cell. Is it only me having the wish to start and stop a cell by one button?

Quote Originally Posted by Stewe View Post
    You can use program called CMDR to edit your TSI's with ease. Just copy all your Remix Deck mappings and paste them in to new device where you have more modifiers available.
    And you are telling me that when I am almost finished with my mapping?

But this tool crashes on my computer when trying to learn a note.
    Last edited by khan.cross; 07-02-2016 at 01:42 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast