Traktor S2 and external club mixer
    toka

Default Traktor S2 and external club mixer

Hey,

Im playing at a lounge this weekend. I usally bring my Traktor S2 and laptop and plug the speakers directly into the OUTPUT 1 and 2 on my Traktor S2.

I wonder how a possible situation is when i need to connect my Traktor S2 to a house DJ mixer in the lounge.

I know that Traktor S2 needs to be set to EXTERNAL MIXER in the MIXING MODE SETTINGS.

How do i connect the rest of the cables to the External Mixer? RCA OUTPUTS 1 and 2 from Traktor S2 to the Line in on the mixer? What about the MAIN 1 and 2 OUTPUTS from the S2?

How do i CUE tracks in the headphones with an external mixer? Connect the headphones directly into the S2?

thanx for any help.

Tech Guru

Internal mixing mode. Connect using RCAs to the club mixer from your S2, same as you would your speakers at home.
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

Yes your S2 will work the exact same but the volume levels will be controlled through the mixer not your s2.

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by atontheproton View Post
    Yes your S2 will work the exact same but the volume levels will be controlled through the mixer not your s2.
    Actually the first responder to OP was correct. All he needs to do is connect to the mixer using actually either RCA cables or TSR cables and keep his preferences set to Internal Mixing under "Output Routing" with the Traktor S2 set as his Audio Device under "Audio Setup". This way he will have his own independent control of everything, including volume, cueing and whatnot but the club mixer acts as a final pass through which will help eliminate clipping and such.