Stanton SC System (1D+1M) DJTT Review
Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Stanton SC System (1D+1M) DJTT Review

Hi there guys, so i was watching some gear on the internet and i noticed that there´s no DJTT review about the SC System of stanton, this controller are a little bit expensive yes, but they have tons of knobs and buttons in a very intresting array.

So Im trying to convince the guys from DJTT to write a review of it i think this units have a lot of potential by themselves but also more if they are modified a custom DJTT .tsi perhaps.

Does anyone here have one of this units or even know them personally?
    "Dance Dance Dance just being a geek"

Tech Guru

ive been looking at the system since it came out.
    looks awesome to me.
    full control over 4 channels, encoders.. buy it refurbished, comes to around $600
    Hardware: Akai Max49, Maschine, Equator D5 monitors, Saffire Pro 14
    Software: Logic, Maschine
    My Neighbors Listen to House Music.. Because They Have To.

It has tons of layers it has 2 way communication through his own software...

4 EQ, gain, filters and even more...

This unit can be used to dj like a real turntable, the lower buttons are velocity sensitive....

I would love to have this beasts and a midifighter it could be a kick ass combination...

Tech Guru

and it has firewire... who can say about it's audio quality on big pa systems?

Tech Guru

SC 1D BACK

SC 1M BACK

Tech Guru

i do have these units. They do have amazing potential however traktor does not support them ass hid. This is a majour as it can only have 128 values. This makes advanced scratches almost impossible. Stanton has made some improvements to the firmware however they will never see there true potential till traktor gives them hid support or sombody engineers a way to do it. Appart from thaT good build and response alot of potential. Any other questions be sure to ask and I should be able to answer 99% of them

Musician's Friend has the SCS.1m for $349
    http://pro-audio.musiciansfriend.com...ct?sku=631021V

and the SCS.1d for $299
    http://pro-audio.musiciansfriend.com...ct?sku=802028V

I'm half tempted to pick up a set.

Quote Originally Posted by tombruton69 View Post
    i do have these units. They do have amazing potential however traktor does not support them ass hid. This is a majour as it can only have 128 values. This makes advanced scratches almost impossible. Stanton has made some improvements to the firmware however they will never see there true potential till traktor gives them hid support or sombody engineers a way to do it. Appart from thaT good build and response alot of potential. Any other questions be sure to ask and I should be able to answer 99% of them
    Ok, so HID is the only thing it might need... But here a DJTT some guy name DAVE made a reverse engineering to achieve HID on the Vestax VCI-100.

Also i have a couple of questions how is the sound quality of thi audio card.

And, how does midi mapping work, what can you do with the software, assing layers of midi, change the midi values and that kind of stuff.

Tell us about your experience with this fellas...

I have the SCS.1(.1d & 1m) and I love it.

This past August Stanton released a firmware update that greatly improved the platter support in Traktor PRO, and cleared up some other issues.

The SCS.1 uses HSS1394, a proprietary high-speed communications protocol developed by Stanton Magnetics and Bome’s Software.

Using Stanton DaRouter software (a custom version of Bome’s MT Player) in order in communicate with Traktor PRO or other applications. A beta preset is available for SSL using the .1d and a Ableton Live preset for the .1m. You can also write/code your own presets using Bome's Midi Translator Pro. http://www.bome.com/products/miditranslator

VIRTUAL DJ 7 will support the SCS.1 natively when it is released.

Sound quality is great, it supports 24/96 and has a loud output from its balanced master.

I think a lot of the SCS.1 questions can be answered in the Stanton forums.
    http://forums.stantondj.com/viewforum.php?f=6

I'm not much of a scratch master so I can't really help out, but "Imfromthafutur" on the Stanton forums has some youtube clips of him in action with the SCS.1 and SCS.3. He is also on the DJTT forums as "Buckner".
    Here is his latest clip...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7j0lFAGwNM

You can check my out of date youtube clips here. I will have some updates soon.
    http://www.youtube.com/midioperator

Any other questions just ask away, glad to help out.
    MacBook Pro
    Technics SL-1200mk2's | Ortofon OM S-120's | Pioneer DJM-909 | Cerwin Vegas
    FS1 & 2 | TS-TSP2 - Audio 8 DJ | Maschine | SCS.1 (.1d &.1m)
    VCI-100 EAN GOLDEN SE (1 of 100)

Let's Mix youtube SoundCloud

Mixing just off the 1m mixer is cool. you can do this both in traktor and ableton. the presets are feature rich and well thought out.

what you see in the vid is how it comes after you do the firmware upgrade, nothing special or fancy. and I'm using the infamous richo chipset, so take that!

Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast