How many MIDI banks available Twister?
    Tech Mentor

Default How many MIDI banks available Twister?

I know you can switch the Twister out of Sequencer mode to MIDI mode but can you have more than one MIDI banks. Like a set of parameters on MIDI channel 1 then a different set on MIDI channel 2 that I can switch to with side buttons?

Cheers

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Use the MF Utility to configure your side buttons. Just make sure to check 'Bank Side Button' box.

Now click on the button you wish to edit and choose from different options:

Bank 1
    Bank 2
    Bank 3
    Bank 4

or,

Next
    Previous
    Cycle

We can also use MIDI to select between any bank. This way Spectra and 3D can be used as a master device so if the bank 1 is selected in the Spectra the Twister will listen.

Tech Mentor

Thanks. I was thinking to switch up my Launch Control for a Twister but I need at least 2 x 16 to map to different things. The Launch Control has a user template switch between 8 banks (really too many for me), each bank starts on a different MIDI channel. All I need is two banks of 16. Whilst I'm here I'll ask...I can press and hold the Twister knobs as oppose to just toggle? Can I press, hold and twist? So like press and hold for FX on and then twist to adjust dry/wet.

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Well with a twister you can have up to 4x16 encoders and they are super configurable. The action you have described is something that I usually use one toggling type modifier when producing it on other controllers. However, the Twister is set one step ahead and knobs are "armed" with this kind of functionality.

So basically there is an options called Shift Encoder and it has a two different modes - hold and toggle. This button action is based on switching in between two different CC so you can map any or both to do different things and save a life to one modifier

Tech Mentor

Sounds good. Thanks!